Using Heavy Camera Equipment

Discuss the technical side of photography
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Scenic Mt Zebra Park

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am
Mel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 pm That leopard is from MZNP? :shock:
It is from Tamboti, Mello! Part of camera discussion! ..0..
Aha! Thanks.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Peter Betts

Re: Using Heavy Camera Equipment

Post by Peter Betts »

Dzombo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:54 pm Peter,

How many bodies do you use?
What lens for close up?
Dzombo I have one body the D850 and 4 lenses ..Tamron 150-600 G2 (Wild Life), Tamron 70-200 f2.8 G2 (Wildlife, Portraits and landscapes)
Nikon 24-70 f2.8 (Walk around lens, Portraits, Very close Wildlife , and MAINLY Landscapes and Real Estate Photography) Nikon 20mm f1.8 (My go to Landscape lens and Milky way pics and architecture (mainly Interiors ) and Real Estate , Fashion and events) ..I dont do Close up Macro work ...doesnt really interest me ... I am importing a Set of Lee Graduated Filters from USA for landscape work ..I have already found a Donor recipient for both Kidneys to pay for this ...Landscape is turning out far more expensive than Wildlife lol lol lol =O: =O: \O

okie

Post by okie »

Hmmmm..... apart from the ultra heavy lens , I then also have a camera that confuse the hell out of me . It has so many features , it requires a owners operation manual of no less than 245 pages , PLUS another 50 or so pages for the Wireless function Basic Instruction manual 0*\
Now , just imagine , flipping through that at the moment while a leopard jumps onto an impala :O^ 0:

Enough is enough
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

okie wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 am Hmmmm..... apart from the ultra heavy lens , I then also have a camera that confuse the hell out of me . It has so many features , it requires a owners operation manual of no less than 245 pages , PLUS another 50 or so pages for the Wireless function Basic Instruction manual
What camera do you have?

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

Dzombo wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 am
okie wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 am Hmmmm..... apart from the ultra heavy lens , I then also have a camera that confuse the hell out of me . It has so many features , it requires a owners operation manual of no less than 245 pages , PLUS another 50 or so pages for the Wireless function Basic Instruction manual
What camera do you have?
I agree what camera, maybe we can help :-)

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
okie

Post by okie »

I have a Canon EOS 80d , bought about two years ago , and an older EOS 350d .
Look , I am not complaining about the camera -- it is really very good , and it has lots and lots of features . O/\
( I think it may even be able to make coffee , or beer ...... but I haven't found the page in the manual yet 0*\ )
It is just that there is so much to remember to do.... if you want to shoot this , then do this...... and if you want to shoot that , then do that ......and so on and so forth .......etc etc etc
I am learning , learning , but very very slowly , every now and then , I try something new , but then , do not use it for a while , and by the time I want to use it again , hmph.... I've forgotten @#$

Enough is enough
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Okie all DSLRs these days have Wi Fi, Bye Bye , Blue Tooth , Orange Tooth etc etc ..Forget those things unless you are a computer Nerd which I know you are like me and are not ..Just turn the cam to M set the Aperture and Shutter Speed and let the ISO roam to get you a properly exposed pic and have the image stabilisation on the lens on ..so when that Leopard arrives ..Pic up camera switching it on at the same time ..Place it on the Beanbag as you switch off the engine and blast away ..I call it the KISS Principle ..Keep It Simple Stupid ...You dont need a complicated holiday in the bush 0/* 0/* 0/* X#X Tip Get a Nikon ..That Canon wheel confuses the hell out of me too :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

okie

Post by okie »

Peter , yeahhh , that's basically what I do lol lol lol lol
It's just now and then when I decide to change things a bit , and then I find I'm buggered =O: =O: =O:

Enough is enough
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

okie wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:11 pm I think it may even be able to make coffee , or beer ...... but I haven't found the page in the manual yet 0*\
Wouldn't that be grand!! lol

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Okie I found the details on what the settings were for this Pic ....
- Taken @ 07h26:12 on 24/4/2018
- Metering Mode = Matrix
- Exposure Mode Manual (Shutter Speed and Aperture)
- F5.6
- 1/1600 Sec
- ISO = Auto @ 220
- 260mm on Crop ..would have to be 390mm on full frame camera
On the Move.jpg

Return to “Technical Photography Discussion Forum”