Drone Photography

Discuss & view pics of a general nature
Sprocky

Re: Drone Photography

Post by Sprocky »

H. erectus wrote:Hi Sprocky,.....
great admiration from me in the manner that you
grasp technology to good use. \O \O ,...

Drone tech, like spotting apps can and will be a manner
of management for better management of wildlife sanctuary.

However, with all due respect, please refrain from use
in Kruger!!~!.

Please my friend, Kruger stands as a symbol of self
reliance without interference!! A moral cause maybe.
Lets not question it by implication of technology, the
very situation society thrives upon, supposedly guaranteed.

Please my friend, as is, there is far to much technological
interference in a pure existence.
No need to worry, I DON'T fly in Kruger and never will. That being another reason that I don't go there anymore, much more fun flying my drone in various other places.

All the wildlife images posted were flown on a private reserve. Most of my flying is done in non-wildlife areas, more with the focus on aerial photography and video of buildings and natural features.

For all the huggers out there, have you never startled any animals in the park with your vehicle? Well it works the same, once they get used to it they relax, only takes a minute or two. Think about it next time you see Impala or Zebra running away once you drive close to them...maybe you shouldn't be driving there. O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
leachy

Post by leachy »

lol lol lol lol lol

reading some of the responses on this thread

is almost like reading the responses on facebook

where the respondents don't really know the person who they are commenting on.....

-O- -O- -O- -O- -O- -O-

i don't doubt your integrity at all mr sprocket......

the future is not what it used to be
Peter Connan

Post by Peter Connan »

leachy wrote:lol lol lol lol lol

reading some of the responses on this thread

is almost like reading the responses on facebook

where the respondents don't really know the person who they are commenting on.....

-O- -O- -O- -O- -O- -O-

i don't doubt your integrity at all mr sprocket......
Yip, that's the danger of forums and all other social media too. Usually we have no idea who we are speaking to.

And thus, a public apology to Scipio. I jumped to the wrong conclusion, and was not aware that you were conducting legal/official business.

Sprocky, yes, you are right. The thing is though, vehicles in SA reserves are limited to roads. Thus in most instances, the animals are free to move away from what disturbs them. Drones are not. And while I am sure that most drone operators are responsible people who consider the effects of their actions, I have seen many videos where drones were used to deliberately badger animals, sometimes for extended periods.

The fact of the matter is that virtually everything we as humans do has a negative impact on the other inhabitants of our planet, even a lot of the things we try and do to protect them. but I geuss we need to try and limit the negative impacts as far as possible.

okie

Post by okie »

Sprocky wrote:.......

No need to worry, I DON'T fly in Kruger and never will. That being another reason that I don't go there anymore, much more fun flying my drone in various other places.

Sprocky , just remember , its not allowed at rugby matches either :X:

Enough is enough
Alf

Post by Alf »

We have a subcontractor that takes aerial photos with his drone on all our construction sites. The law changed dramatically in the last year regarding this, especially in the city.

To operate a drone you need to have a license obtained from the aviation authority. Without this you can get into heaps of trouble. If i launch a drone into the air and it comes within 40m of my neighbors property then i need his permission to do so. We are the first country to have these laws in place.

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Scipio doesn't do official business, PetCon! lol

I disagree that forums are like social media regarding us...a simple search of the member's posts will give you a good idea of his or her personality and street cred historically so to speak, including pics often? Permanent and well-moderated. \O

And a lot of banter and leg-pulling here versus the anonymous trolls and deathly serious PC keyboard warriors on social media sometimes? ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Alf wrote:We have a subcontractor that takes aerial photos with his drone on all our construction sites. The law changed dramatically in the last year regarding this, especially in the city.

To operate a drone you need to have a license obtained from the aviation authority. Without this you can get into heaps of trouble. If i launch a drone into the air and it comes within 40m of my neighbors property then i need his permission to do so. We are the first country to have these laws in place.
Sorry Alf, but you are not quite right. Check the regs again. Your neighbor only owns the property, not the airspace above it! You don't need a license as a hobby flyer, only for commercial purposes. There are laws about flying in certain areas, all laid out by the SACAA and they control ALL airspace in the country.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Sprocky wrote:For all the huggers out there, have you never startled any animals in the park with your vehicle? Well it works the same, once they get used to it they relax, only takes a minute or two. Think about it next time you see Impala or Zebra running away once you drive close to them...maybe you shouldn't be driving there.
I admire your reasoning Sprocky, quite true!! Yet somehow
not quite convinced by your statement.....
Sprocky wrote:That being another reason that I don't go there anymore, much more fun flying my drone in various other places
Your habit still remains somewhat questionable, though outside the boundaries,
not my prerogative!! Go well,...enjoy!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Each to their own... X#X

okie

Post by okie »

Alf wrote:We have a subcontractor that takes aerial photos with his drone on all our construction sites. The law changed dramatically in the last year regarding this, especially in the city.

Not sure about that ...... What about model airplanes , and.........flying a kite , for that matter -O-

Enough is enough

Return to “General Photography Discussion Forum”