In Search of Isbjørn.

Tell us about your interesting Wildlife Experiences
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: In Search of Isbjørn.

Post by Mel »

I don't like that sentence that contains 'last' :O^

Those foxes are too cute for words. Oh my, I want one as well. -O
(Becoming a zoo here with all the critters I would like to adopt...)

No wonder that you called this a trip of your lifetime! O:V

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

The cuteness scale has reached new heights!! O\/ O\/

Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

CUTE!!! ^0^ \O Amazing pics of the foxes and the reindeer!!
I agree with Mel...........I have enjoyed this TT so much and dearly wish that it was not going to be over soon!!
^Q^ 0*\ O/ X#X

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Where was fox mom while all this "soul steeling" of her puppies went on? ;-)

Thanks for the puffin; this one shows nicely the funny coloured/shaped bill 0/0 \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Jillinflorida

Post by Jillinflorida »

Like others I too don't like to hear that this trip is ending... This has been an incredible journey for me through your eyes/lens... What can I say, that I haven't before....Amazing from a to z.

PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

DEWI

\O \O \O \O
\O \O \O \O

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Thank you Mel, Flutterby, Bush Brat, Lisbeth, Jillinflorida & PRWIN. \O

Mel, it was certainly a trip of a lifetime. It's up there with my first time in Kruger, KZN & KTP. And of course Antarctica. As usual, you cannot compare places with each other as they are all so different and have their own unique atmosphere and wildlife. \O

Flutts, they were just wonderful to watch. We were very lucky on this trip, I'm certain Mats had a lot of the sites we visited in mind for just these experiences, but to have the animals so close was amazing. \O

BB, Unfortunately, the trip had to end somewhere, but what a way to end it with such a great encounter with the Foxes. \O

Lis, Fox mum was up below the bird cliff looking for food for her cubs. Adults spend a lot of time away foraging/hunting. I think those little cuties stole my soul. =O: \O

Jill, It was an incredible journey to be on. I'm glad you have enjoyed it. \O

PRWIN, \O \O \O Were gonna have to meet up again somewhere in the future for a photo session. \O Theres a trip to Ladakh planned to look for Snow Leopards.............Nah, we couldn't possibly do that, could we? =O: =O: =O:

OK, I'd better go and keep RP happy and post some food pics for him.........

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Dewi

Post by Dewi »

The last evening on board was spent dining on excellent food prepared by Shell and Anneka. We started with a champagne reception in the lounge.

The dining room was laid out for this special occasion.

And the starter was a scrumpuous onion tart.

I was drinking Mel's favourite :twisted: (Well, I liked it).

The main course was a roast of Reindeer with all the trimmings and a rich sauce.

Desert was ice-cream, but our Sweedish Chef, Shell, lived up to his reputation by giving us a classic comedy demonstration of his talents on the deck as he showed us how to prepare the sauce to accompany the ice cream.

First he put a pan on a hot flame.
To the pan he added enough butter to give everyone on the ship an instant heart attack. =O:

This was followed by a punnet or five of fresh Strawberries.

To this he added several large glugs of alcohol, inbetween sips for himself of course. -O

Then came his secret ingredient - three quarters of a bottle of tomato ketchup. :shock:

To this, he added several more large glugs of alcohol, hic!

Reduced quickly on the searing heat, the hot sauce was poured onto the ice cream with a flourish.

It was delicious. O/\

Many thanks to Will Bolsover and the staff at World Bear Safaris.
To Mats Forsberg and the Crew of the MS Stockholm - You are the best. \O Special thanks to Maja for all the cookies. O/\ O\/
To my travelling companions on board for this trip, in no particular order, Tytti & Benedict, Jurgen, Sigmund, Hans, Christina & Per, Tine & Lennart & Eric & Hetty, thank you for making this such a wonderful voyage, we had so much fun together and shared some amazing experiences. ^Q^

Christina has sent a photo of me this morning which shows how completely in awe I was at this amazing place. Thanks Christina. \O

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Amazing, breathtaking, cracking, delicious, enigmatic, fantastic, gorgeous, heartstopping.....I thought I would go from A to Z but then I got bored!! =O:

All I can say is THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful trip with us!! O0 0/0

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Are you sure that it was tomato ketchup? :shock: :shock: :shock: -O -O

Wonderful that you had such a great trip O/\ O/\ O/\ O/\ and thanks a million for sharing it with us 0/0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Tales of Wildlife Experiences & Animal Behaviour”