Away on a flying kangaroo and very fast stellar object.

Tell us about your interesting Wildlife Experiences
steamtrainfan

Away on a flying kangaroo and very fast stellar object.

Post by steamtrainfan »

Greetings to everyone who is reading this Travel Tale. You will most probably be able to work out what the title is all about and to where we went.

Joan and I had the most amazing time and are busy putting together some of the photos - do not wish to bore you with all of them.

We have just over 900 photos to sort through so hopefully we will be able to pick out the better ones to show you.

This time around we will not be doing a day by day diary but will split the tale into sections of where we went and attach the relative photos.

Wishing you all a fantastic day and we will chat again soon.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Away on a flying kangaroo and very fast stellar object.

Post by Richprins »

Sounds good, stf! Sounds like everyone was in Australia lately! :-? X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

O:V 0() 0()
Richprins wrote:Sounds good, stf! Sounds like everyone was in Australia lately! :-? X#X
Maybe more soon O**

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

You are right RP. We heard a lot of Afrikaans being spoken on Sunshine Coast but I believe Perth is packed with South Africans.

B.C., if I had the wherewithal I would move there tomorrow. Stunning weather, stunning people, stunning beaches, amazing wild like and nature trails. The fishing is also very good. ;-)

Aus in extremely expensive - pensioners haircut - here R55.00 there R170.00. A house cleaner earns R270.00 per hour and rocks up to work in a Pajero.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

steamtrainfan wrote:Aus in extremely expensive - pensioners haircut - here R55.00 there R170.00. A house cleaner earns R270.00 per hour and rocks up to work in a Pajero.
It's all relative to what you earn. The gap between the "rich" and "poor" - salary difference - is small. A friend of mine just purchased a 4 bedroom house and works as a packer in a bottle store :-?

Yip, the fishing rocks O/\

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

I've seen some of your lovely pics on FB already stf, but looking forward to more!! 0()

BC, are you off to OZ? :shock:

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Flutterby wrote:
BC, are you off to OZ? :shock:
I'm looking into moving out that way in the long term as the crime in SA is getting to me \O (3 young girls in SA O-/ not much hope for their future)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Yep, sad situation! :-(

steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

Flutterby wrote:I've seen some of your lovely pics on FB already stf, but looking forward to more!! [/quote

Thanks Flutterby - I will be putting a LOT more up on this thread.
I'm looking into moving out that way in the long term as the crime in SA is getting to me \O (3 young girls in SA O-/ not much hope for their future)[/quote]

This is exactly why my son moved to Oz. Has a 5 year old daughter so fortunately for him his company asked to go over there and set up the business there. They are now in the process of applying for citizenship.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Oz TT number 3 - can't believe it! :shock: lol O\/

Can we get your itinerary, please. :-0

Looking forward to compare notes! \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.

Return to “Tales of Wildlife Experiences & Animal Behaviour”