Letaba Ranch Corruption

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Illegal Sand mine Inside Greater Kruger

Post by Lisbeth »

Only R200 000 :-?

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja...to compensate for cost of mineral rights! :-0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

But if he has all the permissions in order, it should be worth much more -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

The way I see and sum this up tells me that the"PDZ" strategy
embarked on by .gov and Sanparks can only falter here,....
Dark loopholes again!! Flawed!!

The mining company, seems more like a miner only, has his rights
in the peripheral development zone!!! He managed to obtain the
annual harvesting rights<.. 0*\ ,...Being a member of society within
2kilometers on Kruger boundary, he has rights to 3 kilometers into
Kruger for harvesting,....

Now let's try dissect and figure this one out!!!!

Heh,.. H.e
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Richprins wrote:Matome from Dept. says they, Kruger, the miner and the community are discussing the situation.
To me this where the wheels fall off!!

1). The community promised a raw deal with little return. They thought life would never be the same again.!!!
2). The miner obtained certain rights, how?? The community not sharing this happiness,..
3). Kruger are into socio economics of late, a portfolio addition hard too understand when they are ecologists!! and
4). .Gov, monitoring a situation,, the mastermind or are they really,..???

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

This is essentially a Limpopo provincial reserve, H...but part of greater Kruger, so sort of not their problem? :-?

But a dangerous precedent, maybe, provincially?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Richprins wrote: maybe, provincially?
Provincially the dark side of society, cannot quite figure,
never could in terms of questionable integrity!!!, the local
government endearment!!

Besides local government, two of bordering Kruger, I seem to believe
the issues pertaining socio economics in those areas where brought
about on a higher plain, namely on and along the periphery of the
Kruger park. A sense of responsibility doing justice here can be found
in the mission strategies that Sanparks upholds for safeguarding the Kruger.

It stinks to high heaven with manipulation if not abuse!
Kruger park, to my mind, is a natural, international heritage site, yet we
manage to displace it's moral value for monetary value, that too satisfy
the masses, inflicted a monetary value!!

Nature has no monetary value, it cannot support such democracy!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Right you are, H.e. \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Letaba Ranch Corruption

Post by Richprins »

Letaba Ranch: A nest of corruption
A massive nest of corruption, fraud and bribery concerning hunting rights in the well-known Letaba Ranch Game Reserve has started to come to light in recent weeks.

According to an anonymous source from the area, a pastor from Phalaborwa and a relative of his are two of the most important role players in the selling and reselling of hunting rights for this area.

For decades, rumours have been flying around regarding illegal hunting and poaching in this Reserve.

What makes these illegal hunts even worse, is the fact that there is no fence between Letaba Ranch and the Kruger National Park.

In effect this means the KNP’s animals are being hunted illegally.

Documents and sound recordings which have come into the Herald’s possesion, expose a trail of illegalities in the hunting industry.

This evidence can implicate some of the biggest names in the Phalaborwa hunting industry as well as in the Provincial Government.

The evidence in the Herald’s posession, among other things, show a corrupt relationship between various well-known members of Phalaborwa’s hunting community and a certain Timothy Malatji. Malatji, a pastor from the area, but also the Chairman of the Community Property Association (CPA), together with his relative Nicholas Malatji, form the centre of a network of payments and contracts for hunting rights on the same piece of land; the farms in the Letaba Ranch Game Reserve on which the CPA have a registered land claim.

The claim, though already registered, has not been restituted yet, due to several other registered claims on the same land, by other rural communities in the area.

According to sources in the industry, the Selwane Community controls the hunting rights for the biggest part of this controversial area.

Evidence show hunters, who want hunting rights in this area, pay a middleman who on his turn pays the pastor.

The middleman, a certain Nicholas Malatji, is a relative of Pastor Timothy Malatji, but also the only known director of a company called Starain Consultants. Starain Consultants is also the name which appears on several receipts for payments in the Herald’s possesion.

One of the paper trails start with a hunting outfitter named Glen Haldane. In June this year Haldane, one of the owners of Gamehunters Africa, paid a total of R450 000 to the Malatji’s in return for hunting rights in the Reserve.

This amount was broken up into three transaction. Firstly, on 10/06/2015 an amount of R50 000 cash was paid to both Malatji’s.

A copy of a handwritten receipt, signed al parties, is in the Herald’s possesion.

Two further electronic payments were also made to Starain Consultants by Gamehunters Africa. The first, on 12/06/2015, was for the amount of R250 000 and the second, on 13/06/2015, for the amount of R150 000.

A copy of proof of payments for both these transactions are also in the Herald’s possesion.

“At the moment I am hesitant to comment. I have already been to see my own lawyer and we are starting our own legal proceedings against everybody involved,” Glen Haldane told the Herald.

After a lot of calls, the Herald finally managed to get hold of Nicholas Malatji. He was very elusive accused the Herald of using fake and manufactured evidence to falsely accuse him of criminal activities. He also repeatedly asked who the Herald’s sources were. Malatji alleges he has nothing to do with any transactions in the hunting industry.

According to him, he works in the construction industry and the R450 000 that Haldane paid him, was payment for consultation work he did for him in this capacity. He did not want to say what construction project he consulted Haldane on.

The Herald has a voice recording in its possession, where Nicholas Malatji can be clearly heard, describing the route the payments made to him will take.

In the recording he states that people who want hunting rights in the Reserve must pay him large amounts per quarter. On his turn, he allegedly pays a share of the money to Timothy Malatji and then a share to Kaizer Mdluli. Mdluli, the senior manager of State Property in the Capricorn area, who was suspended recently, but has been reinstated in his position until an internal investigation can be finished, then pays a share of the money to Tele Maphoto. All this according to Nicholas Malatji. Maphoto is the Chief Landclaims Commisioner for the Limpopo Province.

The Herald has in its possesion a copy of hunting rights in the Reserve, which was allegedly granted the Selwani Clan by the Department of Rural Development & Land Reform (DRDLR). Timothy Malatji is alleged to have been the middleman in this transaction and his name appears at the top of this document.

The document is signed by a certain E.R. Dowelani. Dowelani, the acting Chief of DRDLR, declined to comment because of the ongoing internal investigation into this matter. What he did say, was that his department does notissue hunting rights in their development areas.

After several phone calls to role players in the Phalaborwa hunting circles, is seems clear that this corruption is only the ears of the hippo.Except for Haldane, other hunting outfitters seem to have crossed paths with the Malatji’s. At the time of going to press the Herald still hasn’t received any comment from Ledet or the various owners of hunting rights in the Reserve. Any person with more information on this story can contact the Herald at hendrik@herald.co.za and residents are assured, their identities will remain secret.

Residents can also follow the Herald over the next few weeks for more information on this story as it unfolds.

http://letabaherald.co.za/15823/letaba- ... YMU.mailto

Alf

Re: Letaba Ranch Corruption

Post by Alf »

Typical to our country 0*\

Once i'm in the driving seat i do just what i want to get rich

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................

Return to “Limpopo Province Game Parks & Nature Reserves”