Letaba Ranch Corruption

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Letaba Ranch Corruption

Post by Lisbeth »

Another fishy affair 0*\

Everybody wants to get rich right away and seem to manage 0*\ Disgusting O/

I just hope that they will we punished in the end 0'

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Toko

Re: Illegal Sand mine Inside Greater Kruger

Post by Toko »

Peter Johnson has posted an update on FB

Peter Johnson
26. Februar um 14:04 ·
In October last year I posted a shocking video showing the absolute destruction of the Letaba Ranch Nature Reserve by an illegal mining operation. I promised to dig deeper in order to establish the facts so that we as a collective could come together to force the perpetrators and Government Departments to put an immediate stop to this travesty.
The facts and outcomes of the “Cry the Beloved Letaba” investigation are the following:
1. The mining operation is on the farm Leeuwkop which is inside the Letaba Ranch Nature Reserve (LRNR). LRNR is adjacent to and shares and open system with the Kruger National Park.
2. The farm Leeuwkop is owned by the Department of Rural Development (DRDLR) but has been allocated to the Majeje Community (community = de facto owner of the land). This means that the DRDLR effectively holds the title of the land in trust for the beneficiation of the community. Further to this the same piece of land has been claimed by the communities of Selwane and Makhuva. This is a very important point because all three communities have a vested interest in the land and each community’s rights are protected by different legislation.
3. The mine is 100% illegal. They are operating without a mining right, without approval from the Majeje community, without a legal lease agreement, without a rehabilitation plan, without approval from the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (land owner), without approval from the Land Claims Commissioner (the land is claimed by multiple communities) and without various commercial plans required for such an operation.
4. The Limpopo Economic Development Environment and Tourism (LEDET) manages LRNR and has full responsibility for the ecological and operational integrity of it.
5. LEDET is aware of the illegality of the mine but is not prepared to do anything about it. Allegedly, Senior LEDET officials have an interest in the mine. Surely this cannot be the case? Apparently LEDET’s solution is to fence out the mine?
6. I have seen written letters, sent by the leaders of the communities of Selwane and Makhuva in July 2014, pleading with LEDET to investigate the mining illegalities. They tell me LEDET did not even bother to respond.
7. I have seen further letters, sent by the leaders of 5 communities in 2015, reporting the illegal devastation of their land and claims that the mining is infringing on tribal burial sites. Yet again, not even a response from LEDET.
8. DRDLR is aware of the mining operation and I have evidence that DRDLR are not aware of any lease agreements.
9. I am told from various sources that Sanparks (specifically Kruger management) have inspected the mining operation, understand the illegality and absurdity of the mine, but for political reasons have chosen to ignore it. Does anyone know senior management within KNP who could help?
10. The entities/people that are indirectly involved with the mine are: (indirectly or directly)
a. Lamei Stone (PTY) LTD (www.lameistone.co.za/natural/Home)
b. Mr. Jood Latsky is the owner of Lamei Stone who seems to have multiple interests in Letaba Ranch. (http://www.netwerk24.com/…/Ondersoek-ko ... op-olifant…)
c. Mr. Chris Vorster is a beneficiary of the operation and I was made aware that he was recently filmed by Carte Blanche actually in the mine in their recent LEDET Reserve expose. What is very amusing is that in the Letaba Ranch 5 year management plan Mr. Vorster is documented as being a part of the conservation committee yet he mines illegally and has hunted on the reserve for years. A conflict of interest possibly?
d. Mr. Eddison Ngobeni is a business partner of both Mr. Latsky and Mr. Vorster. I have seen legal affidavits that show that Mr Ngobeni was previously the CEO of the Majeje Community but was fired by the Chief for fraud and mismanagement.
e. Sullwald Vervoer is the transporter who is contracted to remove the mined content. I further believe that they have contracts with PMC.
f. Mr. Rulani Mabasa is the Reserve Manager of Letaba Ranch and sources inside LEDET reveal that Mr. Mabasa is currently under investigation for a number of irregularities. Apparently Mr. Mabasa reported to Mr. Kaizer Mdluli.
g. Mr. Kaizer Mdluli was the senior manager of Letaba Ranch although his actual responsibility is the Capricorn district. (http://conservationaction.co.za/…/letab ... -nest-of-c…/) Mr. Mdluli despite all of the damning evidence is back at work with full responsibilities.
What is evident in this area is that there are a group of bullies who are exploiting every aspect of the ecosystem. If it is not illegal mining then it is hunting fraud or illegal developments. I have another story illustrating this which I will be posting shortly.
The good news is that all is not lost on the ground. Whilst interviewing the communities I was made aware of a group of young eco-entrepreneurs who are working very closely with the communities. It is a bit a David and Goliath scenario but hats off to them – it is incredible what they have achieved. They certainly have my support!
So the question now is how can we practically help these communities – because our help is definitely needed? Does anyone know of a lawyer who might be interested in helping? I have all the connections in the communities to help connect the parties. Further to this I believe that this is a story that needs to reach the national press. I have all of the necessary evidence – does anyone have a contact for me?

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

for the beneficiation of the community
Before I continue reading, I would like to point out that this is not the first time I have seen the word "beneficiation" used incorrectly in a text regarding something in South Africa. Whether it is a business buzzword there or not, I have no idea, but it gets used where the term 'benefit' would suffice.

Here it is especially silly, though, because 'beneficiation' is a mining term! 0*\

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

Now that I've read this and watched the video, all I have to say is O/ 0= @#$

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

More good news here, Puffie! :-(

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=6411

Have forwarded the mining thing, so let's see!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

Who was it that said that corruption was a western concept? :no:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Presumably not the Czechs? lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

Actually a President Z... made the remark that he couldn't be corrupt, because corruption was a western concept. 0-

So, none of these Letaba Ranch folks can be corrupt, either!

Corruption runs deep here in Eastern Europe as well. O-/

H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Plebsident The Greater "Z" stands proud from any accusations.
A dik "meneer" his bible being the "Human rights campaign",...

Me Numba ONe, hehe,...from the potty mouth, more commonly
known to be a s++th++le it has the gut to pronounce .gov expenditure
cutbacks!!! The very day after, yesterday it was announced that the
mans private jet will be purchased, 4 billion,... O** O** not bad for a
socio considerate arhole!!!, Excuse my spelling!!!

Heh,.. H.e
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

All sort of things going on in Letaba Ranch...

0()

Return to “Limpopo Province Game Parks & Nature Reserves”