Elephant tips another car Kruger

Information and Discussion on the Fauna and Flora of the Kruger Park
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Elephant tips another car Kruger

Post by Richprins »

Also, I am not an automotive expert by any means, but have seen a few accidents in my time. Presumably the pic was taken quite a while after the accident, yet there is no evidence of leaking oil/petrol/coolant etc. beneath the engine? :-?

SP says the incident was around 7-15 that morning, and the pic looks to be much later in the day? :-?

The official response from SANParks was also within hours of the incident...absolutely a new thing, compared to previous ones? Good work indeed!

This first official SANParks pic shows an almost unbelievable amount of damage to the rear right hand-side of the vehicle, with none to the rest?

The second shows the attacked left hand side, with what appears to be a single tusk hole?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Once again, no evidence of broken glass... -O-

It's also a bit unusual for a stationary vehicle to be facing away from the dam? :-?

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Was the ellie framed? :twisted:

Spotted Cat

Post by Spotted Cat »

Oh, my :shock:
We are going to Kruger next month. I DO NOT like to be close to them ... bum shots are the best lol

Old Duke was the only elephant we ever got close to ... the gentle giant. RIP old buddy!
Both tusks were broken and he looked very frail. I'll always remember his eyes!

Return to “Fauna and Flora of Kruger Park”