Rhino Hunting

Information & discussion on the Rhino Poaching Pandemic
PennyinSA

BLACK RHINO HUNT!!!!

Post by PennyinSA »

Posted by Penny on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm

How can we ever win this war with this kind of publicity and in the full knowledge that a SA Conservation Body had to have issued this permit:
Black Rhino
THE HARDEST OF ALL TARGETS TO GET…….We Have ONE !!!!!

... It’s a tag for a Trophy Black Rhino in South Africa on 24,700 acres in the Free State, 68 miles southwest of Bloemfontein. This is one of only five permits issued this year! Judging the Bull to be between 29-30 inches, it could make SCI #2. This is truly a Trophy Animal and a once-in-a-lifetime hunt.

With rampant poaching, it takes money to protect the animals. This hunt generates money to pay for the added protection and cost of maintaining and growing the ever dwindling Rhino population.

We need to stop the poaching before the poaching ends the species. This is a CITES Appendix I animal. This means that CITES countries will need an Import Permit from their country.

We have the Export Permit and all paperwork to complete the import of your Trophy. The lucky hunter will have all paperwork approved before the hunt so there is no room for error.

I will be in Africa to make sure all is taken care of for this hunt. Good Hunting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J and M Safaris
Bob Jacobson, owner
Phone: (507) 209-1929
Fax: (507) 645-7010
E-mail: Bob@JandMSafaris.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-M-Safa ... 6013513424
TAKE A STEP INTO ADVENTURE! I have over 25 years of experience placing hunters with the best outfitters in the world. I do not SELL hunts; I put Top-Notch outfitters with hunters looking for a type of hunt or animal. I insist on Outfitter and Hunter contact to put everyone on the same page. NO SURPRISES! In the end this is hunting ~ it’s in our blood!

Feel free to join us on Face book and leave your comments. Just click the below link
J and M Safaris
Bob Jacobson, owner
Phone: (507) 209-1929
Fax: (507) 645-7010
E-mail: Bob@JandMSafaris.com
TAKE A STEP INTO ADVENTURE!See More

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: BLACK RHINO HUNT!!!!

Post by Richprins »

Here is a reply from Bob to a more gentle email from someone...

I want to thank you for a sincere letter, I have been bombed by pretty alarming emails from people, I will tell you that I agree with the most of what you say. I also want to say that I respect your view on this matter. I am not in this for the money I live on commissions and mine stay with the rancher as my part to stop poaching. I have seen what poacher do and was taken by a picture of a rhino still alive with its horn hacked off. The rancher that was given an approval by the government of SA to hunt an old bull. He maintains a 24/7 armed guard to stop poachers, it takes money to achieve this, when it comes to poachers we stand side by side.

I will not get into a tit for tat on this subject but believe that telling me I should be shot and hung from a wall is not doing the conservation of Rhino any good. The rhinos that the poacher kill need to be replaced and allowing a rancher to achieve an economic gain that will make him expand the species so it can be reintroduced in areas is not a bad thing. You are allowed your views and I am allowed mine but we are working to achieve the same end.

I will go exactly by the laws of your country,

I have little sympathy, though...but the point has obviously been made! :wink:

Sprocky

Rhino Hunting

Post by Sprocky »

No rhino hunting permit requests from Asia
2012-07-04 10:05

Johannesburg - No rhino hunting permit requests have been received from Vietnam, Thailand or China since the government tightened hunting requirements in April, Beeld reported on Wednesday.

These Asian countries were allegedly the main consumers of rhino horn, the environmental affairs department told the newspaper in a statement.

The criteria for the issuing of permits were changed in April, to allow local authorities to determine whether applicants were bona fide hunters.

They also had to consider whether hunters' countries of origin had legislation in place to ensure hunted animals would be used as trophies.

The department reportedly recommended to all conservation authorities that hunting permits for white rhinos be refused to all Vietnamese citizens until Vietnamese authorities had confirmed in writing that rhino trophies exported to Vietnam since 2010 were still in the hunters' possession.

Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (Cites) management authorities in Vietnam had notified South African authorities that they were busy with that process.

Beeld reported that nearly 270 rhinos had been slaughtered in South Africa since the beginning of 2012.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Flutterby

Number & Nationality of Rhino Hunters since July 2009

Post by Flutterby »

Flutterby

Re: Number & Nationality of Rhino Hunters since July 2009

Post by Flutterby »

133 Vietnamese hunting permits in the North West??? 0*\ O/ O/

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

It seems they are in the majority everywhere... :O^

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Most of them are females, and take a look at what their actual professions were. 0*\

They are not chicken farmers, but have raised a few cocks before. O/

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Flutterby

Re: Rhino Poaching

Post by Flutterby »

Someone just posted this on the AW FB page:

They are saying you can shoot a KNP white rhino!!! Surely this can't be right??? :shock: :shock:

Toko

Post by Toko »

:evil: It can be right, there is rhino hunting in the Timbavati

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ther is a Hans at CVS safaris...no answer there at all, though!? :-?

The ad doesn't say it's a Kruger Rhino...

One can ask them, I suppose?

http://www.cvsafaris.co.za/?page=Safari+Option

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Rhino Management and Poaching”