Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
ExFmem

Re: Kgalagadi Cheetah Discussion

Post by ExFmem »

Okay - will do so tomorrow - I don't have very good photos of them, but they were at Craig Lockhart. I missed most of the sighting, but others told me of them. I did manage a few far off pics. Enjoy your evening, and please know how very valuable you are to all of us here. 0/0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Awww, thanks Ex 0/0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

9/30/21 Craig Lockhart

My brief notes say: Mom w/ 4 cubs, only got a pic of one cub (last pic here) All heavily cropped.

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Not sure why your notes say 4 cubs, but I'm pretty sure this is Corinne with her cubs. But it's "only" three of them. -O-

(You certainly got a way with Corinne :-0 :-0 :-0 )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Corinne ^Q^ cool!

When the lady said they saw a cheetah mom with cubs at Craig Lockhart that morning, and "there were four of them", I took it to mean 4 cubs, but she obviously meant 4 cheetahs. 0- Thanks for the correction info. O0

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

lol lol lol

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:21 pm Need help w/ this one please -

5/8/17 1 - 2 kms South of Kamfersboom

Single male East side of road, seen by a springbok who started snorting, cheetah crossed over to West side and continued walking South
Some cheetahs need time to mature before they can get their ID 0*\

This one was seen again in 2019 and this year in June. So, he's not often seen, but still a regular. He goes by the name Hilux now.
(Not sure who thought of that name lol )

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Did some cleaning here, just in case you wonder where the rest of the pages went ;-)

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Most awesome news on the cheetahs:

Firstly - because she's in my heart - Hannah is alive and well and has produce four cubs herself. She's been hiding them for an unusual long time. About 6 to 7 months. But over the last weeks they have been seen in the upper Auob. [Luv]

Secondly - and that is actually the more fascinating one - Lizzie has four tiny cubs as well. AND she still has her first cub Lokesh with her :shock: The maths suggest that she must have had mated in May/June when the boy was only a year old. Now he's still part of the family and acting as the big brother. A behaviour like that is unheard of even by people who deal with cheetahs professionally in any kind of way. So a very unique and extremely outstanding event in the cheetah world. O\/

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Four cubs is quite a lot :shock: I wonder how many will survive -O-

How I would love to see them all together :-0 :-0 :-0

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”