Like or thumbs up button

Make your suggestions here that will make this a better forum
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Like or thumbs up button

Post by Lisbeth »

lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Catching up on the debate I seem to have started....
Mel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:34 pm
Lisbeth wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:16 am I really do not understand :-? Isn't this \O the same thing -O- or are two clicks instead of one too much :twisted:
You can't apply the \O to an older post that is stuck in the middle of a topic unless you quote the post.
Which in turn I would find rather impractical because a topic would get quite messy if all sorts of comments
(or initial posts) were "posted" again.
This is a valid point.

As I said, it's positive a recognition of a contribution by another member. Without having to add another post.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Dzombo, remember that this is a forum and not a social media like FB, Twitter etc.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Lisbeth wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:44 am Dzombo, remember that this is a forum and not a social media like FB, Twitter etc.
Perhaps.

But I am on many forums (around 10) for my various interests. And most have some of Like button

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

A forum is based fundamentally on the interaction. I wouldn't like to change two lines of a post with a "like" or a "not like", because if there is to be a "like" there must also be a "not like". The latter is missing on social media which is very not democratic IMO.

I do not understand what is wrong with posting this \O or are people so much in a hurry these days that they cannot spare 4 seconds?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Where is Roger to find out if it is possible first? ..0..

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Suggestions”