Advice / Opinions, please!

General Information & Discussions on South African National Parks
Mel
Global Moderator

Advice / Opinions, please!

Post by Mel »

Sooo, our booking for Easter next year has not panned out as we would have hoped it will and we now made a cut and decided to give up on our not so favourable reservation for the Kgalagadi and head back to Addo and Mountain Zebra again. We've got 10 nights to divide between those two parks and we're not sure if we
should do

Addo 6 nights and Mountain Zebra 4 night

or

Addo 7 nights and Mountain Zebra 3 nights

Any opinions would be appreciated! X#X Even if you haven't visited both parks, you might voice good reasons why spending more time in Addo or not, e.g.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Alf

Re: Advice / Opinions, please!

Post by Alf »

Why don't you add a few days at Stormsriver mouth?

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Kruger 10 nights! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Alf, we don't want to travel around too much that's why we'll stick to those two park (we also have 4 nights at Cape Town, but don't plan to drive the distance,
rather making use of the Airlink service O** )

RP, I asked for Addo and Mountain Zebra, not for Kruger =O:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Alf

Post by Alf »

We have never been to Addo before so can't give you advice but Mountain Zebra is only so big, i think 4 days are too many. That's why I mentioned Stormsriver mouth. It's not that far from Addo.

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Toko

Post by Toko »

For a long stay in Addo, I would consider doing the Bedrogfontein 4x4 trail or a visit to the Woody Cape/Alexandra Forest section. Then you can at least see some other birds.

http://www.birdlife.org.za/support-us/l ... ional-park

You have been to boths reserves, so take the adventure and see something new, you can not visit the same place over and over again =O:

Mountain Zebra has also some short 4x4 routes, otherwise you can drive the same loops every day, one can go everywhere in 3 days there :-?

PJL

Post by PJL »

I haven't been to MZNP yet but I've heard lots of good things about it. I suppose like Addo it's only so big, but there are certainly some species there which aren't so common in other places. If I was choosing, I would do 6/4 but that's because I've not explored MZ yet lol

It's a shame the KTP options didn't work out. Have you considered anywhere else that might be new for you guys? Of course it would be great to meet you guys in Addo but I wonder if it might feel a bit small for you over 6 or 7 days after some of your visits to the larger parks -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Ja, PJL is right! 1 night MZ, one night Addo, 8 nights Kruger! :-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Yeah, right, RP lol lol lol

We are the relaxed kinda people (by now O** ) Driving around without many animals being produced means we're gonna stay in in the afternoon
and read and relax or we're going to sleep in the next morning. When coming to Africa our main target by now is to fill up on our energy tanks and
nice views and animals are a bonus. Quietness is mandatory.
If it wasn't for Cape Town with our favourite landlady, we'd probably look for a completely alternative route altogether. But that's done now and
we'll have to / want to plan something from there. Well, not something... Our minds are set on Addo and Mountain Zebra and the only question
we ask ourselves is: 7 nights in Addo and 3 in Mountain Zebra, or 6 and 4. :-?

Toks, I can't comment on your suggestion at the moment because the link sends me to an internal error. Hmz...

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Silly woman....Fly 10 000 km to sleep! =O:

Return to “South African National Parks in General”