Wild Card

General Information & Discussions on South African National Parks
Richprins
Committee Member

Wild Card

Post by Richprins »

SANParks adjusts its Wild Card tariff fees for 2018/2019
The South African National Parks (SANParks) has announced the annual tariff adjustment of its Wild Card programme membership for all parks, effective from 1 November 2018.
3 hours ago

MBOMBELA – The South African National Parks (SANParks) has announced the annual tariff adjustment of its Wild Card programme membership for all parks, effective from 1 November 2018.

The adjustment is an annual occurrence and is applied to daily conservation fees payable in national parks.

“The Wild Card membership is still the most affordable way to explore national parks and reserves in South Africa and Swaziland,” says SANParks’ Wild Card programme manager, Hein Grobler.

The price increase applies to all Wild Card Programme Conservation Partners, which includes SANParks, CapeNature, Msinsi, Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife and Big Game Parks of Swaziland.

“The new Wild Card membership tariffs are applicable for the period of 1 November 2018 to 31 October 2019,” adds Grobler.

The all parks cluster individual Wild Card membership, giving access to 80 plus parks and reserves around southern Africa, which include SANParks, Msinsi, EKZN Wildlife, Cape Nature and Swazi Clusters Parks, has increased from R570 to R640 for one person for the year.

Couple Wild Cards for all parks (two adults or one adult and one child) will cost R1 055, up from last year’s price of R940.

Family Wild Cards for all parks (two adults and up to five children or one adult and up to six children) will be R1 290 for 2018/2019, up from last year’s R1 150.

The SANParks Cluster which gives access to all 21 SANParks’ National Parks will now cost R610 for an individual, R995 for a couple and R1 195 for a family.

Wild Card members don’t pay daily conservation fees when entering SANParks or reserves, and they only pay once and are free to visit how often they like for a whole year. All funds generated from conservation fees are used with the primary mandate of SANParks which is to oversee the conservation of South Africa’s biodiversity, landscapes, seascapes and associated heritage assets through a system of national parks.

For more information on the pricing see attached or visit https://www.sanparks.org/wild_new/tourism/pricing.php

https://lowvelder.co.za/457441/sanparks ... -20182019/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Wild Card

Post by Lisbeth »

It is not mandatory to raise the price every year :twisted:

They never mention the price for foreigners either O**

They have raised the prices more than the inflation, more than the inflation rate x 2. More than 10% 0=

The link still has the old prices. I presume that they will change the page during the night -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Tariff table
Wild-Card-Tariffs-2018-2019-prices.jpg

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Only until yesterday ;-)

The new one is not up yet on the Sanparks site :O^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I just purchased a Wildcard, it costs almost five times as much as for a South African. I find it really exaggerated 0= They don't even give you a map :O^

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

0*\

Well, you will make it up in a month of day visits! :-0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Alf

Post by Alf »

People are people. I thought in SA everyone has equal rights..... why do they charge non SA residents so much

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It is the same in most tourist destinations, but probably not this bad at all? Supply and demand, I'm afraid. O-/

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Alf wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:32 pm People are people. I thought in SA everyone has equal rights..... why do they charge non SA residents so much
Go to Botswana , Zambia, Namibia, Zimbabwe , Tanzania the Citizens pay about 20% of Foreign tourists and UNLIKE SA the Rates for accommodation are also at this special rates for Citizens wheras in RSA us hard pressed citizens pay exactly the same as a Texan Oil Billionaire for a hut at Lower Sabie ..They RIP us off at SANParks ..I as a Non Botswana Citizen pay R 160 for Wife and me at Rooiputs a night without Pensioners ..Go to Shingwedzi and with Pensioners I pay R 300 and I have to suffer crowds and a high electrified fence to spoil my view and wilderness experience
Last edited by Peter Betts on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Lisbeth wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:42 pm It is not mandatory to raise the price every year :twisted:

They never mention the price for foreigners either O**

They have raised the prices more than the inflation, more than the inflation rate x 2. More than 10% 0=

The link still has the old prices. I presume that they will change the page during the night -O-
Lisbeth its not only Wild Card ..Our Corrupt Govt and their SOE's up our Electricity 15 % annually with impunity and yes SANParks is on the Bandwagon too as a Job supplier at the expense of loyal taxpaying visitors

Return to “South African National Parks in General”