Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Congestion at Sightings

Post by Richprins »

Kruger Sightings
@LatestKruger
·
1h
2 lions and 3 lionesses came out into the road yesterday on the H11, near Skukuza
Tinged by Andie
(Photo)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The grass was very wet ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Skukuza what can we expect ..Lions will use the the road no matter what the conditions

Alf

Post by Alf »

Wonderful pack of white cars 0*\

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Surely the BEST point in Pres Ramaphosa's Action Plan must be the Closure of 30 plus entry points into RSA ....2 of them are Giryondo and Pafuri Gate in Kruger into Moz ...That is Brilliant ...now all they need to do is Dynamite the empty buildings while the Virus is on ...JUST in case they are TEMPTED to reopen them when the Virus is defeated ... Traffic Conjestion with Taxis and Rust Bucket Bakkies full of Moz Shoppers racing around N Kruger will be a thing of the past

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Caught in the act at Renosterkoppies! lol

c.jpg

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Rooicat

Post by Rooicat »

So, being new to this site, I thought I’d ask a couple of questions about OSVs. I note that the last comment on this topic was 2020, so have things improved ? Are vehicles being reported?

I must say that I wasn’t aware of the “yellow sticker” to report drivers when we visited in November, but will look out for that this year.

Are the number of permits regulated ? What time can OSVs enter ? I enjoy that hour extra you get in November by staying in the park, but maybe it’s not as long as I thought before the Entry gates open ?

To be honest, we were in Southern Kruger in the week and didn’t experience much traffic at all - except on a lion kill , which is to be expected. The weekend was a different matter, but by getting up early and keeping away from the honeypot routes, we only experienced the circus at Asfaal, which was unpleasantly busy .

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

There are still just as many OSVs, Rooicat, with the associated congestion. It seems their behaviour has improved a bit, and I don't know of any successful reporting via the yellow stickers? The guy who used to do the controlling was a forum member, but sadly passed away a few years ago. We do have access to the new SATSA person though. \O

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

What time can OSVs enter ?
Once, during the summer, they could enter 1/2 hour before, but the last time I was in Kruger, 2 years ago, I found them entering at the same time as other visitors -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Congestion in Kruger”