Proposed Skukuza Health Spa (Kruger National Park)

Information and Discussion on the Proposed Hotel at Skukuza
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Proposed Skukuza Health Spa (Kruger National Park)

Post by Richprins »

Of course, H.! lol

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

H. erectus wrote:Can almost bet somehow that someone has been appointed already,.!!!
All they are concerned about is getting the admin in line to suite!!!!
Correct H \O

Toko

Post by Toko »

PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT FOR THE SKUKUZA SPA IN THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
MARCH 2016

SANParks reserves the right to manage and operate Spa facilities in other camp and also implement other commercial operations in Skukuza which is not Spa related.
The grant of the PPP Rights to the Private Party shall entitle and oblige the
Private Party to:
- make use of SANParks’ tourism accommodation at a forty percent (40%) discounted rate in “out-of-season” periods for management purposes (in the Skukuza Camp only) and as per SANParks travel trade rules (who will make these bookings).
- access to the Protected Area and access for the Private Party’s employees, subject to the normal Protected Area’s operating rules and hours on the same basis as SANParks’ employees
The Private Party shall enter into a separate Housing Rental Agreement with SANParks in respect of the housing of staff (if applicable).
Staff Housing
41.12.1 The Private Party will not be allocated any housing in the Skukuza camp. All staff will be required to be housed outside and be transported into the park.
41.12.2 In the event that the operator requires housing in the park, the Private Party has a right to build such housing subject to the Private Party negotiating and agreeing on terms with SANParks for building such housing.
Local people as a percentage of total staff should be 60% according to BEE and the interesting bit is
"Local" means the land claimant communities and specifically the following communities: Mhlanganesweni and Sibuyi family;
The following Minimum PPP Fees are expressed in February 2016 South African Rand, and will be adjusted throughout the Project Term of the PPP Agreement according to movement in the Consumer Price Index:
MINIMUM PPP FEE Skukuza SPA facility Packages
Per Month (Excl VAT) R 10,000
Per Annum (Excl VAT) R 120,000

Toko

Post by Toko »

Request for Proposal – SPA facility

Let's start point hunting =O:
SANParks encourages participation in the Wild Card loyalty programs as this will:
 Benefit to both parties (for instance spent R X in the spa facility and get X points which adds up to a seat on a game drive)
Possibly spa treatment in the bush on a remote site
The appointed operators will have exclusive rights to operate the spa facilities in the Skukuza Camp in the Kruger National Park. SANParks might, after negotiation with the Private Party decide to allocate an area outside the Skukuza camp and within close proximity of the Skukuza camp for the operation of a product in the wild (i.e. overlooking water, under a big tree, on a hill, in the bush, etc.). Where such an area is earmarked it will form part of the operation and SANParks and the Private Party will agree usage of this facility, and therefore this area might not be exclusive.
Fees offers don't matter really
12.2 The evaluation of Bid Submissions will consider several factors, in a scoring methodology that awards points against criteria and quantitative weights.
12.2.1 Weightings will be as follows:
Functionality Weighting 70%
BEE Weighting 20%
PPP fee offer Weighting 10%

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

SANParks might, after negotiation with the Private Party decide to allocate an area outside the Skukuza camp and within close proximity of the Skukuza camp for the operation of a product in the wild
You mean I might be able to have my hippo-turd mudbath with the hippos themeselves? ..0..

That's better than cage-diving with sharks. Sign me up!
SANParks encourages participation in the Wild Card loyalty programs as this will: Benefit to both parties (for instance spent R X in the spa facility and get X points which adds up to a seat on a game drive)
Of course there will be quadruple points given to foreign Wild Card-holders as we pay quadruple the fees, no? No? 0'

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Hahahahaa!!!!!

Imagine lying under a tree in 40 degree heat with a swarthy gentleman rubbing your shoulders amidst the flies and mosquitoes!

Another white elephant this! =O:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

=O: wild card points system hasn't been running for years. I was asking annually on the other side and getting no answers, so decided I would ask every decade when promised rewards system is going to be implemented. =O: =O:

Puff Addy

Post by Puff Addy »

RobertT wrote: wild card points system hasn't been running for years. I was asking annually on the other side and getting no answers, so decided I would ask every decade when promised rewards system is going to be implemented.
They'll get to it as soon as they have fixed the online renewal system so that it works for foreigners... O**
Richprins wrote:Another white elephant this!
Mhlophe Indlovu Spa - has quite a nice ring to it. :-)
Richprins wrote:Imagine lying under a tree in 40 degree heat ... amidst the flies and mosquitoes!
But Spapocalypse Now is perhaps more apt! lol

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Oh dear 0*\

We have always been right, predicting where Sanparks new policy was going to end 0- O/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Toko

Post by Toko »

I'll do it in winter - a good way to do a bush trip to a not crowded place in the south O:V

I hope the private winning party will come up with a whole day spa outing O\/ O\/ O\/

Perhaps one can negotiate an exchange along the line no spa treatment for some more drinks =O:

Return to “Proposed Skukuza Hotel, KNP”