New DEA poster

Information and Discussions on General Conservation Issues
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: New DEA poster

Post by Richprins »

Yes, it is a slippery slope when from a young age conservation is prioritised as a money-making opportunity!

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
okie

Post by okie »

Richprins wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 am Yes, it is a slippery slope when from a young age conservation is prioritised as a money-making opportunity!
I think you really mean " money making career opportunity " , or is it " career money making opportunity " , and according to the poster , hunting is also included :O^

Hmmmm.... and , poaching is also a form of hunting you know O-/

Now , instill that into young minds 0*\ Hunting is good if it is to make money , and hunting is killing animals , and it is good when those animals are killed for money :O^ And the more money you can get , even better ... Hunting is not even like a job , you can do it any time , without anybody looking over your shoulder , you are your own boss , hunting at all hours ....

There are a lot of plus points for money making career in hunting ;-)

Enough is enough
Dindingwe

Post by Dindingwe »

Basically, I agree with you all, but I think it is a useful first step of awareness. It is better to preserve the biodiversity with the aim of making a living out of it than not preserve it at all. Before seeing the global interest of preserving it fo the sake of it, one must see his/her own interest, especially when one is poor and struggles to have a meal every day.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Hmmm :-? And when they grow up, they will still think, that it is theirs to profit by -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Unfortunately I think the only way most South Africans will conserve wildlife is if there is something in it for them. If you have nothing and are hungry you aren't going to be too concerned about saving trees or animals. -O-

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Also if you are not hungry, but with the prospect of MONEY.........

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
nan

Post by nan »

Flutterby wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:50 am Unfortunately I think the only way most South Africans will conserve wildlife is if there is something in it for them. If you have nothing and are hungry you aren't going to be too concerned about saving trees or animals. -O-
yes... alas... for both

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Other Conservation Issues”