A game reserve bordering the Kruger built a high-tech fortress the size of a major city –

Information and Discussions on General Conservation Issues
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Re: A game reserve bordering the Kruger built a high-tech fortress the size of a major city –

Post by RogerFraser »

\O I like the fact they have successfully used technology to improve the security for their environment .This release is obviously a marketing punt but the technology seems to have been proven in the field which is good for other reserves to use .I am certain this is not a low cost exercise having done some research into some of the tech used here on a small scale the FLIR cameras alone are many tens of thousands depending on features each . Certainly something the size of Kruger is a different animal to secure using some of these technologies but if there was a willingness in .gov it would find they means O** but IMHO that would not even require high tech as this just boots on the ground with legal and political backing would stop the scourge just ask Botswana why they don't have as many poaching incidents -O-

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: A game reserve bordering the Kruger built a high-tech fortress the size of a major city –

Post by Lisbeth »

:yes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very insightful, Rog! :yes: :ty:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

\O

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
stefan9

Post by stefan9 »

I like this approach from the reserve. I am always in favor of the high tech approach.

Return to “Other Conservation Issues”