Babies in Kruger

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Re: Babies in Kruger

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* Yes agree with Okie ,I believe I was two weeks old when we first went to Kruger without medication but then again my parents did work at TSB malelane at the time so it was right there O** I would look into the safest times and take all the precautions possible especially sunset /sunrise .Doctors advice should be listened to but then apply some common sense as well .There are 100 000's of people who live in the area who cannot take the meds every day as well -O-

Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Flutts,
I saw a WHO malaria map online.
Compared to other parts of the world, Kruger was classed as a low risk area. Don't have the time to look for it now. Will try remember on the weekend

I also taken to Kruger as a small baby.
But as others have said, the '70's was a different era. I feel old 0*\

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

There is always malaria around in the Lowveld. In fact they tested me yesterday when I went in with flu symptoms. (It's an instant pinprick test now, which is quite convenient!) \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The year we stayed a month at Marloth, we were careful: Citronella diluted with water sprayed on curtains, bed etc. every evening and mosquito repellent on the skin morning and evening. I did not like the idea of taking Malarone for more than a month.

Novartis is working on a vaccine, but I do not know how far they have come. https://www.novartis.com/stories/access ... a-medicine

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”