Animals burnt in fire

Information and Discussion on Fire Management in Kruger
mouseinthehouse

Animals burnt in fire

Post by mouseinthehouse »

Horrendous photos of a rhino and a young ellie horribly burnt and still alive and suffering in Kruger over the last few days. One photo on SP forum and the other on SP Facebook forum. (and they are not the only ones apparently). Waiting for someone from Sanparks to confirm they are a result of an (un)controlled burn. :evil: I am giving no truck to arguments about 'collateral damage', big picture for the greater good nonsense. You take on a burn the onus is on those responsible to ensure it is controlled. If there is a chance of changing adverse conditions or the burning of animals like this then better to let well alone. Sickening. One can only hope the affected animals were euthanised as quickly as possible. :-(

Bushcraft

Re: Animals burnt in fire

Post by Bushcraft »

I have seen one of the pics MITH, it's shocking 0=

Twigga

Post by Twigga »

Also saw some of the pics, so sad.....

Somewhere in Kruger
Dzombo

Post by Dzombo »

Apparently the fire started in Moz and spread over into Kruger.
Or so we are told...............

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I personally feel that Moz has become a bit of a scapegoat for SANParks, much the same as apartheid has for the current .gov. Someone else must always take the blame when things go wrong.

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Sprocky wrote:I personally feel that Moz has become a bit of a scapegoat for SANParks, Someone else must always take the blame when things go wrong.

Absolutely!!!!!!! ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Here's the thread, mith! O0

viewtopic.php?f=236&t=2358&start=10

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
nan

Post by nan »

mouseinthehouse wrote:Horrendous photos of a rhino and a young ellie horribly burnt and still alive and suffering in Kruger over the last few days. One photo on SP forum and the other on SP Facebook forum. (and they are not the only ones apparently). Waiting for someone from Sanparks to confirm they are a result of an (un)controlled burn. :evil: I am giving no truck to arguments about 'collateral damage', big picture for the greater good nonsense. You take on a burn the onus is on those responsible to ensure it is controlled. If there is a chance of changing adverse conditions or the burning of animals like this then better to let well alone. Sickening. One can only hope the affected animals were euthanised as quickly as possible. :-(
I already saw pictures of a Rhino deeply burnt, few years ago... by "controlled fire" 0= O/ :evil: 0:
and that (Rhino, Ellie) is only what we can see 0*\ what about all the small critters 0-

I don't know if I dare open your link RP :-( *EDIT*... no photo *ouf"

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Bushveld Jock

Post by Bushveld Jock »

Strange that no dates are mentioned in the feedback from SANParks. The pic was only placed a week after the incident on Facebook - strange that the media release came immediately after the FB report, but 8 days after the elephant was seen injured and reported by the tourist. :-?

Kgalagadi: Dec 2015
KNP Maroela, Shingwedzi & Pretoriuskop: March 2016

Return to “Fire Experiments & Fire Management in KNP”