Road rage guide caught on camera in KNP

Information and Discussions on Management Issues of Concern in Kruger
Bushveld Jock

Re: Road rage guide caught on camera in KNP

Post by Bushveld Jock »

Wonder if we will meet these guys in April when we are in Skuks. That is if they still have a license.

Kgalagadi: Dec 2015
KNP Maroela, Shingwedzi & Pretoriuskop: March 2016
Toko

Post by Toko »

From Echo Africa Safaris & Transfers FB
After numerous calls, voice-mails and sms’s we have finally been able to contact the guide and this morning sat down with him in our office to hear his explanation of the incident. We reviewed his report and taking the photographic and video evidence currently available we have concluded that he had no justifiable excuse for his behaviour. In lieu of the evidence Echo Africa Safaris & Transfers will terminate any of his services as a freelance guide with immediate effect.
Echo Africa Safaris & Transfers sees the incident in a very serious light and do not condone such behaviour in any way. We have been communicating with Sanparks since the incident was first reported and they are currently conducting their own investigation as they are in direct contact with the guide.
We invite members of the public and any interested parties to report any inappropriate behaviour from our guides to management. Our contact details are clearly displayed on all our vehicles. We support sustainable, responsible tourism and feel that this type of incident should be handled appropriately.

mouseinthehouse

Post by mouseinthehouse »

This is the way to deal with these transgressions by guiding companies. Go straight to their employer with as much evidence as you can. If you have the irrefutable evidence post it on their FB page if they have one. Put it on other FB groups. Put it on TripAdvisor. The worst thing that can happen to a company in the hospitality/tourism trade (or any trade really) is to have bad PR and bad word of mouth get around. The more this happens the quicker companies will clean up their act and take full responsibility. To the credit of this company they have acted decisively.

A few years ago I used to drive a 100km round trip to work every day. I had a terrifying encounter with a large semi-trailer truck. It nearly ran me off the road and almost caused a fatal accident with another vehicle. It sped off doing close to 150 kph. I noted the company advertising material on the coverings of the truck's trailer. When I got to work in a shaky, frightened state, I immediately rang the police who went and set out a road block. Then I rang the company that was advertised on the side of the truck - it wasn't the owner - it was the very large company they were hauling produce for. On hearing about what had occurred and the police involvement they were horrified. The trucking company ultimately lost that contract and the driver lost his job.

People must be held accountable for their actions and suffer the consequences.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Good stuff al round! Thanks, mith!

The owners of the OSV companies respond and discipline and fire offenders, just as in any other business? -O-

The thing is, you hire youngsters and hope for the best, but you don't have tabs on them as you would in an office situation...? 0*\

So social media and pics from other tourists have a massive role to play, especially as SP may wish to engage the services of private operators to end self-drive for day visitors! O**

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “General Management Issues - Kruger”