Wild Card Issues

Information and Discussions on Management Issues in SANParks
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Wild Card Issues

Post by Lisbeth »

Sanparks still has my Wild card Like this: Your card no:75049 Expiry date:2011-12-17. I bought the last one on the 05.11.2017 ( and another two before that one). I still only have a receipt which has the characters disappearing. They never bothered to send me a new card. Paying R2.430 (the last one. The other two were for two persons and more expensive). I think that it's the least that they could do!!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Wild Card Issues

Post by Richprins »

I must say mine has always been fine? One doesn't actually need the card, just the number, or even ID number is ok! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Should they not tell you that? and change the details instead of quoting a card 7 years old 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Besides the obvious issues of the actual card never arriving, where are the additional benefits promised by Sanparks when they took it over O**

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Bushcraft wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am Sorry, I have taken this pic with my cell phone, but hopefully you can still read it.

This is from the Wild magazine winter 2010 edition.

I’m just wondering if I have missed the boat here as I’m not aware of “many new benefits” as advertised, so please could someone inform me of what these benefits are.

When this change from Infinity took place there were also many pages of promises on another forum, but under the Infinity structure I would earn close to R2000 in cash back rewards this year just in booked trips and the card cost R200 less for the family cluster, so I again ask “Have I missed something”?

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

I remember that one \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

As part of our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement, SANParks is deploying a new software system for customer relationship management and the Wild Card programme. We will be switching on the new system on Sunday 6th November 2022.

A direct result of the customer needs insights gained from numerous research surveys we have conducted over time, the new system will allow SANParks to better understand and respond to your needs – our valued customer – with quicker resolution of service requests across channels. This is just the beginning of our conscious journey towards a fully digital and omnichannel future, and we invite you to come with us. Below we outline some key changes you may expect.

One Customer, One SANParks, One Account.

One of the main benefits of the new system lies in that all your SANParks data has been consolidated into a single place. You now only need to sign on using a single set of credentials and accessing both your reservations and Wild Card profiles. This a major step change from where you previously needed to sign onto different platforms to access these profiles. You are now assured of a more immediate, effective and efficient service experience when you interact with us via our digital touchpoints – anywhere, anytime.

As a once-off exercise, from the 6th November you can activate your single sign-on by clicking here and following the steps in the SANParks One Account (SOA) user manual, which also introduces you to our new seamless personal member portal and guides you on how to navigate it.

On your personal member portal you are able to view your membership subscription details, update your personal information, and renew your Wild Card membership. Access your member portal here.

Virtual Wild Card

As part of our drive to minimise our impact on the environment, SANParks will no longer be issuing plastic Wild membership cards. Instead, we have developed a virtual card which, from 6th November, you can download from the member portal and present at the park gates together with proof of identity.

The upgrade to a new system has necessitated a change of Wild Card membership numbers. Your new membership number is 10**********, which is also on the bottom right-hand corner of your virtual card below.

All else remains unchanged in your Wild Card profile. For your peace of mind, we have attached a copy of your membership confirmation letter.

You can also click here to view your membership details online.

Unavoidably, to prepare for the switchover we have to suspend some functionality on the current Wild Card system effective Friday 4th November 2022, at 20H00 CAT. From that point until the switchover is complete on 6th November, users of the system will only be able to view profiles without transacting. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you.

We thank you for choosing SANParks and our partners, and for your support now and in the future. We will continue to improve our systems and processes to ensure that you, our valued customer, have a memorable and enjoyable experience with us.

Yours in Conservation,
Wildcard Team

South African National Parks 643 Leyds Street, Muckleneuk, Pretoria, South Africa

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

You have left out all the links O**

Return to “General Management Issues - SANParks”