Global Moderator

Re: Addo 2019

Post by Klipspringer »

lol weird

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Do the lion use the entire park, Peej? (incl Zuurberg)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
PJL

Post by PJL »

Richprins wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm Do the lion use the entire park, Peej? (incl Zuurberg)
There are other lion in different sections of Greater Addo. Nyathi has lions... Kuzuko has Sylvester & Co... there are also lions in the Darlington dam area as well now. I think the Zuurberg area is open to some of the Nyathi lions, but they don't really venture to far up into the hills there \O

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

PJL wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:18 am
Mel wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 am Now, Niklaas and Witwarm are totally unknown names to me. Where do those two come from?
They are from Karoo NP. There was a bit of a swap-around of lions just over a year ago... those 2 came in from Karoo, the 2 big males in MZNP got moved to Karoo, whilst Roy & Nomad were moved from Addo to MZNP.

Josie's 3 boys have since been moved to Madikwe, and I've literally just heard that Normal and Zwaai have been moved out of Addo as well but I'm not sure where to yet.... which leaves only 9 lions in Addo now :-(
Phew, that's a lot of movement! Are Duffy and Dawn still around? And who are Jack and Jill? :shock: Jeez. So much happening that my little brain 0*\ can't keep up. I'm sure I asked some of this before :o0ps:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

PJL wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:35 pm So Addo is down to just 7 lions. Melvin & Gibson plus Norman & Zwaai are in transit right now to Tswalu in the Northern Cape.

Apparently the lions are killing too many buffalo. The park makes quite a lot of money from selling their disease-free buffs so it seems financial reasons are the biggest factor O/ O/

I might have to make more trips out to MZNP as they have plenty of lion at the moment ..0..
I'm :-( about Mel Gibson going out of the park too. They were my first precious lion pressie from Addo.

0*\ about the money making. Even though we all know it's happening, and maybe even necessary.

And :shock: about more lions in MZNP than in Addo. That's some news O**

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

You had such a luck with the lions, PJL,

lovely shots ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
PJL

Post by PJL »

A bit of news from Addo... I'm not sure if it's official yet but they have introduced a couple of bull elephants from Tembe. This is apparently one of them and based on the photo I'm fairly sure it's a chap called Ndoda Mfishane.

Will be great to see them in the park \O

PJL

Post by PJL »

I thought many of you would also find this footage from Addo's FB page fun... turn the sound up ;-)

phpBB [video]

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

PJL wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm A bit of news from Addo... I'm not sure if it's official yet but they have introduced a couple of bull elephants from Tembe. This is apparently one of them and based on the photo I'm fairly sure it's a chap called Ndoda Mfishane.
A very handsome guy with a nice pair of tusks \O

Re the video; there must have been a kill lying around I suppose ;-) The sounds that the hyenas make are hilarious lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

These lions must form functional prides 0*\

Return to “Addo Elephant National Park”