Rumours of SANParks/Ezemvelo merger spark panic

Information and Discussion on Ezemvelo KZN Management Issues
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Re: Rumours of SANParks/Ezemvelo merger spark panic

Post by RogerFraser »

Having delt with both I believe that this would be a good option in the long run .

While I dont think KZN Wildlife does a bad job,probably best they can do given the circumstances that they operate under (remembering that unlike SAN parks they would get funding at another level down ie from Provincial budgets) , I just think bringing it all together at a government level might improve certain components .

KZN Wildlife also has some credibility issues of late that I feel SAN Parks has overcome (not perfectly else there would not be a need for this forum :twisted: ) .

I also dont understand how the iSimangaliso area was created forming another body within KZN this setup seems very disjointed . -O-

okie

Re: Rumours of SANParks/Ezemvelo merger spark panic

Post by okie »

I agree that " working together " could be beneficial , but I always felt that NPB was always more efficient .
Also , the motive for this " takeover " is also somewhat suspicious , since Central Gov have been warning that they will take over in provinces which is not being run efficiently , such as in Limpopo , and in Eastern Cape . These provinces are running at total loss , and constantly needs assistance , whereas IMO , it appears that Gov wants to take over all the "' money-spinners " in KZN -- 0*\ 0*\

Enough is enough

Return to “Ezemvelo KZN Management Issues”