Needs Attention: Sanparks other than Kruger

Issues that need to be brought to the attention of Parks' Managements
Richprins
Committee Member

Needs Attention: Sanparks other than Kruger

Post by Richprins »

Post all Problematic Issues regarding Accommodation, Maintenance and Service in other Sanparks here.

Send email address/contact number to me via PM please!

Please include relevant dates and times!

I will forward to the Specific CAMP MANAGERS or rangers etc., or forward to those members with more experience of other Parks.

An important adjunct is for viewers to report back regarding progress re. these deficiencies.

For example, being a local I could request to stay at a specific accommodation unit on my next trip and check, or go and check whatever on my next rambling trip.

Photographs are very important, but not the end of the world!

This thread is confined to Sanparks other than Kruger only.

IT MUST BE STRESSED THAT THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE RELEVANT CHANNELS OF COMPLAINT ALREADY IN PLACE OFFICIALLY!

Rather, it is intended to assist and complement said channels, and provide feedback.

CURRENT QUERIES IN PROGRESS:

Mapungubwe Park - Cattle inside reported 18-10-2011 forwarded 28-10-2011

KTP - road from Twee Rivieren to Nossob between Leeudrill and Kij Kij still closed reported 28-10-201 forwarded 29-10-2011 Reply received 29-10-2011 see below

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Needs Attention: Sanparks other than Kruger

Post by Richprins »

18-10-2011
PRWIN wrote:Mapungubwe 6 October to 9 October 2011

+- 200 head of Domestic Cattle found from Zebra,s pan till pompstation and turn off to 4x4 route in Mapungubwe Eastern Side for all three days we where there causing most wild life to move into southern rocky region

I could just as well stayed at home and gone to a farm -O -O -O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Reply (translated) received from Head (Field Guiding) KTP (29-10-2011) re. above dirt road query:

Thank you for your query.

The road in question was closed for maintenance and the contract awarded to a community organisation. The organisation ran into difficulties and left the site.

The road was then reopened up to Rooiputs waterhole, from where guests could continue to Kij Kij via the Botswana road which runs parallel to this road.

Sanparks had to reinstitute the tender process for renovation, and at the moment are waiting for the newly appointed contractor to sign the contract.

So to sum up, guests can currently travel from Samevloeiing to Kij Kij, although it means doing a stretch on the Botswana road.

PS.: Remember, the road has to be raised to prevent further flood-related closures. Workers are subject to lion problems and occasional 45 degree heat making work impossible. Work is also imposible during the rainy season.

Hope this helps

Greetings

Awaiting resolution

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Reply from same:

15-02-2012

For those who have been in the park lately and have read the reply on the 'closed road' on the forum would have noted that it was mentioned that due to the fact that the previous contractors were taken off the roads as they did not meet their deadline.

As per SANParks policy the whole tender process had to start from scratch again, the new contractors were awarded the project as per the tender process.
The new contractors are very busy with the road and progress can be seen already without any ‘struggle’.

They have 6 months to upgrade (re-surface) and finish the road.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

No reply whatsoever regarding cattle. O-/

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

KTP November 2017.

Most of the accommodations in the Kalahari Tented Camp are in a desolate state of conservation. I stayed there during a rain storm and the water entered through the roof, under the doors and through the strapped windows. Mice keeping you company during the night as the tents are full of holes especially the kitchen.

I made it all present to the camp managers or whatever they are and the answer as usually: "We are working on it". The point is that when an accommodation is not up to certain standards it should NOT BE RENTED OUT!!
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
Attachments
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Very tatty! :O^ At the very least you should get a discount.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Which are the camps here, Lis? :-(

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It is written my dear ;-) Kalahari Tented Camp in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Oh, ok, is that the name of the camp? Is it in Botswana? :o0ps:

Return to “Park Facilities: Needs Attention”