COVID Impact on Tourism in South Africa

Helping you to be a Responsible Tourist
harrys

Re: New protocols for tourism industry released (COVID)

Post by harrys »

Klipspringer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:25 pm https://www.parliament.gov.za/press-rel ... itors-2030
The committees note that in level 3 of the lockdown commencing on 1 June 2020, that certain areas of business tourism will be able to operate whilst domestic travel will reopen in December. The much-anticipated international tourism will commence in February 2021.
I don't think so, people in the tourism business is already coming up with plans to open safely, even the ministry of tourism is looking at plans to get some places open, my opinion is that by August/ September some places will start opening under strict rules -O-

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

That was a a briefing from the Department of Tourism.

harrys

Post by harrys »

Klipspringer wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:58 pm That was a a briefing from the Department of Tourism.
If they wait till December there will be no tourism sector left and they know it, in later reports after that briefing they accnowledged exactly that, so let's just wait and see, if places of worship and schools can open just imagine the presure from this industry on the goverment, I''ll stay positive till proven wrong :-) \O

Marakele day trips

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

It looks like local tourism will happen under Level 3? So that should keep many afloat? They can also obviously apply for government aid.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Maybe local without moving from one province to another, if not how can the following be a protocol release by the Government:
domestic travel will reopen in December.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

Only business travel, I think in level 3, no private travel over provincial borders -O-

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Provinces will help their local destinations, I'm sure. Let's see? 0()

For example Dinokeng may have the most business it has ever dreamed of! :twisted:

harrys

Re: Lockdown in South Africa (and elsewhere) 26 March to 16 April (Extended to ......?? 2020)

Post by harrys »

So the minister of tourism said you can visit a park/reserve in your province for selfdrive O/\ O/\, Rietvlei here We come(I will phone first to make sure) RP, Sprocky and co you can go to Kruger \O

Marakele day trips

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Lockdown in South Africa (and elsewhere) 26 March to 16 April (Extended to ......?? 2020)

Post by Lisbeth »

Only by yourself or with the people living in your household, I suppose. If not, the various ministries will be stepping on each other's toes -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Your Holidays - Responsible Tourism”