Mopani Rest Camp

Information & Discussion on the Camps of Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Mopani Rest Camp

Post by Lisbeth »

I have seen sunsets and sunrises in a lot of parts in the world and they are not less beautiful than any SA Sunset or Sunrise.

Choosing between KNP and KTP is as everywhere else....depending on the weather, temperatures and general meteorological circumstances.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Re: Letaba Rest Camp

Post by Alf »

To refresh the minds of our members on the donor units inside our parks.....

This family cottage no 11 that we stayed in was a donor unit.

Then when we realized Mr. field ranger pulled into the cottage next to us. (all by himself a 6 bed family cottage)

So my question once again......... did he pay for it -O-

The first thing I did was to check the availability sheets to see how many of these units were open that night

3 of these cottages with a view were available and no 4beds with a view so I assume they gave this 6 bed unit to the field ranger to use for the night

So do they clean this unit the next day after he left or do they think it was unoccupied -O-

Maybe I don't want to know the answer of that question O/

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
leachy

Re: Letaba Rest Camp

Post by leachy »

leachy wrote:
Alf wrote: Then when we realized Mr. field ranger pulled into the cottage next to us. (all by himself a 6 bed family cottage)

is this a problem if it is available ????

So my question once again......... did he pay for it

maybe he got it for free? maybe he paid? who knows???? is it that important as there were units available? if we don't know the circumstances behind him occupying the unit then................

The first thing I did was to check the availability sheets to see how many of these units were open that night

clever investigative stuff mr alf

3 of these cottages with a view were available and no 4beds with a view so I assume they gave this 6 bed unit to the field ranger to use for the night

So do they clean this unit the next day after he left or do they think it was unoccupied -O-

are there keys for the unit? if so, i am certain that housekeeping would be aware of the fact that the unit was allocated to someone
do you think that this chap just wondered around the camp until he found a vacant unit that was unlocked and just pulled in for the night ?

Maybe I don't want to know the answer of that question O/

I wasn't impressed to see this :-? :-? :-? :-?

but it was our last night in the park.

the future is not what it used to be
okie

Post by okie »

Hmmmm..... I do not really see what the fuss is all about 0*\
As far as I know , Sanparks provide free accommodation for all their staff . Now , I suppose therefore , this ranger would have a bungalow/house/tent somewhere in the park , from where he is based , and it would be expected that he uses this accommodation whenever he is ( off-duty ) , and in the vicinity of his base village/camp .
But what happens if he is sent to another camp in another part of the park and not within easily/quickly reached travelling distance of his " base ".
Sanparks still need to supply him with a place to put down his head for the night , and surely , why not let him sleep in available accommodation -O-
He may be a senior ranger , and surely it cannot be expected for him to go and sleep in a bunk-bed in the local staff quarters 0*\
Give him what he deserves ^Q^

Enough is enough
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

\O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Some Camp Residents by Blutuna - 2014:

https://www.africawild-forum.com/viewto ... 7&start=40

BluTuna wrote: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:35 pm

At Mopane, I spied this splendid grasshopper in the garden bed near the pond.

Then, after a pretty good breakfast on the balcony overlooking the dam, we went on the Great Trek........
BluTuna wrote: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:00 pm Day 1 continued.

The Great Trek.

Let's go on the Eco Trail! What a great idea! We emerged (seemingly) days later at the far end of the camp, hot and sweaty having almost gotten lost a couple of times where the trail seemed to vanish. The path also got pretty rough from time to time and we struggled along in our sandals which aren't designed for hill climbing.

On the plus side, I did get some Dragonfly pictures.

This one's a Banded Groundling.

And I think this one is a Red Basker.

Aside from the myriad Dragonflies, I also managed a couple of Hoppers.

And a Brown Pansy Butterfly.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

BluTuna wrote: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:11 pm

The afternoon drive started with a visit to Mopane Camp where I found some more interesting stuff in the flower bed.

Some more Dragonflies.

A Beetle.

Then, a bit of a surprise as this suddenly appeared about half a metre away! A Western Stripe-bellied Sand Snake.

A panorama of one of the best views in the Park.

And a very nice sunset.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Definitely the hut with the best view in Kruger ..Hut 51 at Mopani Camp ..taken at sunset ..a few years ago when we had money and stayed in huts that trip
Pioneer Dam Kruger Park.jpg

Alf

Post by Alf »

Amazing sun set ^Q^ ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

\O

Return to “Camps of Kruger”