"Commercial Tents at Pretoriuskop "

Information & Discussion on the Camps of Kruger
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: "Commercial Tents at Pretoriuskop "

Post by Lisbeth »

I am sure that Sanparks is willing to build the arena :twisted: 0*\

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
H. erectus

Post by H. erectus »

Sanparks, as per usual, got all their nuts and bolts
on cross threaded, deliberately!!!, casting a blind eye!!

It is against the law for any private enterprise to practice
a business on any governmental soil!!!! unless approved by
the state and put to tender!!!

There be a huge difference between holiday makers booking
sites as opposed to business operators block booking entire
camps!!

If you really want to experience a portrait of long faces then
Think twice about this!!

I seemingly innocent tow my caravan down to popular camp
site, fees paid, flip the panels open only to offer visitors better
food resource, by way of boerewors rolls and hamburgers!!

Especially with regard and taking into context the infamous PDZ

Would I be wrong in doing so!!!??

Heh,.. H.e
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Try it and we will see what happens O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
dup

Post by dup »

I got the same plans ,Balule is my camp leave it alone,DUP'S SAFARI TENT. O/\

Stop buying frackers products,now !!!
Biyamiti camp-Nov 2017- with family and friends
mikef

Post by mikef »

Richprins wrote:Chalets expire a month before confirmation, with full loss of payment, and become available to public.
This is something I did not know. RP are you saying that if a tour company books and pays for chalets different rules are applied if they cancel this booking 30 days before occupation? I would have thought they would as in the case of private individuals also receive a full refund of the fees.

Unless of course these bookings are made on different rules to the public where full payment is required 60 days before the start of the accommodation. If they are reserving accommodation for a lesser amount it might make sense that such amount is forfeited.
Last edited by mikef on Wed May 17, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikef

Post by mikef »

Much as I can identify with the issues raised by regular campers I still fail to see how this is much different from which safari operators have done for years by booking and reselling accommodation at a profit as part of their safari package. I do agree that Sanparks should be looking at ways to control and regulate this as it is likely to detrimentally impact camping in the park. The comment of identifying separate sites for groups might help but how do they stop anyone from booking long term accommodation without also impacting on for instance my desire to spend 6 months full time camping in the park? If they try to prohibit reselling of accommodation they will be closing down the safari industry.

I have however read comments from Joep Stevens that they are looking at revising the approach to camping - including the demarcation of and numbering of stands. If this becomes like the Lower Sabie setup I will most likely stop camping however the Tsende model seems to work well.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Exactly like public, mike! Also, even if full money is paid and nobody pitches on the day it opens up to public.

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

mikef wrote:instance my desire to spend 6 months full time camping in the park? If they try to prohibit reselling of accommodation they will be closing down the safari industry.
You only have one tent, Mike and do not occupy the whole front.

mikef

Post by mikef »

Richprins wrote:Exactly like public, mike! Also, even if full money is paid and nobody pitches on the day it opens up to public.
If my understanding is correct this only happens if nobody arrives by gate closing on the day of occupation (not 30 days before). In most cases that will mean the chalet will stand empty that night but has been paid for. In the case of these tents the statement is also that the site has been paid for even if not occupied.

mikef

Post by mikef »

Lisbeth wrote:
mikef wrote:instance my desire to spend 6 months full time camping in the park? If they try to prohibit reselling of accommodation they will be closing down the safari industry.
You only have one tent, Mike and do not occupy the whole front.
Agreed - but if 10 of me wished to do this we could potentially occupy the whole front which is currently allowed. I do believe areas might need to be identified for longer term occupation which would then apply to everyone.

Return to “Camps of Kruger”