Re: Chaos at Kruger gates over Free Entrance Weekend

Information & Discussion on the Hides & Picnic Spots in Kruger
Alf

Post by Alf »

I feel sorry for any overnight guests trying to enter the park on a day like that. Waiting in line for hours because these day visitors wants to demand access even after the quota for each gate has been reached

What happens when you get to Crocodile bridge gate half an hour before gate closing time. How can you then calmly proceed to Orpen gate and make it in time 0*\

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Crocodile Bridge Gate

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:06 pm ... and education needs to take place! \O
Obviously Charl also needs some when it comes to the geography of the Kruger lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Crocodile Bridge Gate

Post by Richprins »

harrys wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:36 pm Sorry RP but I don't agree, but that's just my opponion 0:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

On FB someone suggested that SANPArks should make the dates of the free entry weeks/weekends made known far in advance so that people who want to book into the park can try to avoid those times. :yes:

Someone else suggested that SP should hire temp employees from surrounding communities to help out at gates and picnic spots during these periods - this would allow a few lucky ones to see behind the scenes a little bit, give them some much needed cash, and help with the crowds. Quite a good idea, I think. :yes:

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I suspect any temporary employees will demand to become permanent, in my experience... O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The dates were made known in July, but for certain camp bookings, it might not be early enough.

They could make bookings for day visitors mandatory and free for the weekend -O-

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Kruger National Park
‏ @SANParksKNP
Sep 17

South African National Parks – Kruger National Park would like to thank South Africans for coming out in their large numbers to honour SANParks Week on the 8th to 15th September 2019. We are thrilled to announce that the Park saw a 49.0% growth this year. #SANParksWeek
2 replies 3 retweets 18 likes
Kruger National Park
‏ @SANParksKNP
Sep 17

We however note the concerns that were raised on our social media platforms about some elements of unruliness from some of our visitors in the said week. We acknowledge that some of the inconveniences might have included the following:
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Kruger National Park
‏ @SANParksKNP
Sep 17

 Delays to access the park

 Congestion at the day visitor areas

 Congestion at the picnic areas

 Misbehavior by some people at sightings

 People getting out of their cars in the wild or leaning out of windows.
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
Kruger National Park
‏ @SANParksKNP
Sep 17

SANParks and KNP management are aware of all those incidents and Protection Services will be following up on those who were caught on camera and whose car registrations were visible to issue our appropriate sanctions for their indiscretion.
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like

Kruger National Park
‏ @SANParksKNP

We would like to thank those who were patient and tolerant and promise that going forward we will endeavor to minimise the inconveniences and take from lessons learnt this year.
12:18 AM - 17 Sep 2019

Alf

Post by Alf »

And once again Sanparks won't do anything about the negatives raised

They only care about more people visited our parks O/

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Of course they do; thats where the money come from lol After all, Sanparks is a business and need money to go ahead, to invest and to cover the losses of the less visited parks ;-) As long as the crowd is nor there when I am O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Gates, Hides, Lookouts & Picnic Spots in Kruger”