9 Male Lions at Orpen

Blommie

Re: 9 Male Lions at Orpen

Post by Blommie »

Hi All thanks for reading and commenting :)
Flutter Thank you for the picture link's
dup, mom and myself went in at Orpen again to search the H7 for the 9 on the 11 Aug 2012. I just had to see them again and try my luck. WE FOUND THEM AGAIN ON THE H7!!

This time we only saw 5 of them but it's them for sure ^Q^ they were drinking from the Timbivati river just where the river turns north away from the tar road (it's the last time you see the river from the tar road, that bend)

ID'd them with the one big male who has a distinctive stocky mane and build and the one youngster eyes black.
We stayed about an hour and tired helping every one to see them. It's quite a distance and I believe I only just saw them because I was looking for them O:V

I told dup I'll go and show him where they are...so RichP when do you want to see them? =O:
here 4 out of the 5 the 5'th one came much later..last time I could only get 3 together in one pic I'm working my way up to 9 hehe but that's where the days count comes into the story.....

The day was actualy extra ordinary we saw 2 Male Lion resting in the sun on S100 and a guy told us to head to the sweni dam because there's a group of 5 males...we just missed them because the ellies chacesd them (I think I saw one of them ... maybe...walking like a lion on a mision...can't realy count that as a sighting I'll never know 0*\ ) people at the dam said go a bit further on the sweni road there's another 2 males eating a Buffalo carcass...So that brought the days count to 9 males (my new favorite number)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

So glad you found them again!! Will definitely be on the lookout for them when we go in October!! \O \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:shock:

X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”