Looking back *

flying cheetah

Re: Looking back

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your feedback here, it's very much appreciated \O \O

Another lovely sighting near Tihanganyeni were these Wildebeests with a nearly newborn calf. It seemed that the whole herd tried to protect the little one and I had to wait a good while before I could take the pics without any adults between my camera and the calf :-)

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

OK, FC, but gnus are not my favourite animals.....give me rather a squirrel and I'll be happy =O: =O:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Just for you ;-)

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your input here \O \O Only10 more days before I go back to Kruger and now the exciting and sometimes stressful period before a trip starts :-?

As requested I have some more Roan pics for you. All my other sightings of Roan (5 in all my trips) were single bulls but this time I had the luck to see the resident herd near Babalala. They were crossing the road in front of me and the bull even took the time to give me a deep look in the eyes.. O/\

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind comments \O ^Q^
I had 6 Roan sighting during the last years, 5 of them were bulls on their own (all on the Tropic of Caprocorn - loop), the other one was this herd at Babalala. But I also must say that I drove the
ToC-loop 7 times last Nov and every drive took me 2-4 hours. You have to scan the bush carefully, be patient and of course......be very lucky ;-)

Personally I madse the experience t´hat the S100 is not a very good roads for cats but you can have nice bird (and often raptor-) sightings. Here are some pics of my last drive on this road:

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Lisbeth, Flutterby and Bushcraft for your feedback on the birds ^Q^ \O

I told you already that I drove the Tropic of Capricorn - loop several times but this one afternoon the road seemed to be deserted. Even at the waterhole there was not much to be seen and so I decided to go back to camp early to lit my fire. Before I left ther waterhole another car came from the direction I was heading to now and they also told me that they saw nothing. What can I say??
I drove for 3 or 4 minutes and I had the most fantastic cheetah sighting O\/ O\/ O\/ The 2 brothers were hanging around a no entry sign for 20 minutes before they slowly walked away from me . One of them even looked back as if he wanted to ask me to follow them O:V I watched them until they were only small shadows in my binocs. Needless to say that I arrived at camp just before closing time...Once again I was the only car for the whole time and I seriously fell in love with the Mopani area O\/ O/\

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your feedback on the cheetah sighting, I knew you would like it O/\ O/\

Today we had the first of the coming winter here and I cannot believe that I'm back in kruger in exactly one week. The timing couldn't be better -O X#X
But before I go I have some more pics for you. Today I show you a sequence of pics of a couple that I saw close together several times at Sunset dam. For some reason they seem to like each other 0/0

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Flutterby, harrys and Toko for your great support ^Q^ ^Q^

On a very rainy morning I was driving the Shongololo loop (S142) and I new it would ber very tough to find any animals but thank god some fellows not mind wet conditions and I met this Chameleon and a Tortoise in ther middle of the road. The crocodile was seen at the bridge at Shipandani and was really close to me :O^

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Lisbeth and Flutterby for all your great support on this thread 0/0 ^Q^

Today I have some pics of birds that are very small but sometimes very entertaining: Red-billed Oxpeckers!
These ones (seen on the S25) produced a funny show for me -O

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your comments here \O \O
My inner feeling is indeed much more looking forward than looking back now as I have only 3 more sleeps and the final preparations have already started. I think you all know what I mean O/\

Today I show you a young Zebra fowl that produced a special road block on the H7. The little one may look lonely but the rest of the herd was on both sides of the road. I was surprised that the Youngster stood all alone and so vulnerable away from the others but then the Stallion came and made clear that he wouldn't tolerate this any longer.. :O^

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”