Looking back *

flying cheetah

Re: Looking back

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Lisbeth and JustN@ture for your comments and good wishes 0/0 ^Q^ As I only leave on Friday afternoon I will try to make 3 more posts here..

It's already very difficult to choose the pics as I still have some nice ones in store so I want to show you a collection of different antelope sightings today.

This bushbock I saw on the S50 near Shingwedzi:

This cute family of Nyalas are living in one of the nicest areas of the park ... near Crooks Corner:

The couple of Klipspringers were having a romance near the Biyamiti Weir and I saw them nearly every time I was driving this road ;-)

And, last not least, 2 very special encounters: a Liechtenstein's Hartebeest at Tihanganyeni and my last Roan also on the S143 O/\

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you Toko, Sprocky, Lisbeth and Flutterby for all your feedback here O/\ O/\

Today I have a collection of predator pics. I would be more than happy if I have nearly the same luck with predators this time as last year when I had two different wild dog and four cheetah
sightings O**

Show respect for wild creatures. DON'T report your actual sightings on the internet!!!
flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you one last time for your great comments and the friendly advice \O \O 0/0 Only a few hours left and then I'm on my way O/\ O/\

The first pic I want to show you today is from my first sighting last year. A Diderick just behind Malelane gate and this little fellow obviously brought me lots of luck through my whole journey 0/0

...followed by one of my favourite trees in the park that I have photographed so often! I'm sure I can't resist again if come to this majestic tree: the baobab on the river road between Olifants and Letaba [O]

and the very last pic is about the one thing I have missed since 11 month now and that I hopefully will see again tomorrow ... one of those magnificent Kruger sunsets :-)

wish you all the best, will be back in December 0/* 0/* 0/*

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind wishes 0/0 Now I'm back since a few weeks but because of some private circumstances I have absolutely no time to write a proper trip report. But I will try to show you some of my pics here and also add some stories. Unfortunetely not all of them are ver nice. My saddest experience is that for more and more people it seems to be most important to see as many cats as possible and they don't even have the time to watch the animals because watching the internet seems to be more important than experiencing the bush :-( 0*\ But that'S another story and I will report about that later on..

Today I want to show you some pics of a very special sighting that wasn't destroyed because the other people passed by without evnen stopping.. 0*\

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your kind feedback! It was indeed a fantastic sighting of the Blackie, it'S not often that you see them so close and so relaxed O/\

Today I want to report about a sighting that was very interesting and also sad at the same time. It happened on the S65, a road that had been very good to me in the past and also played a major role during this trip O** On that day I saw an Elephant ripping the bark from a tree before eating it, something I never saw before! I watched him for more than half an hour and during that time he ate all the bark from the bottom to a height of more than 3 meters. It was amazing to see how he used his trunk and tusks but I also felt sad for the tree as I knew that this was a death sentence for it. The next time I go to Kruger I will definetely have a look at the remains of the tree and remember that impressive sighting. If anyone has an idea what kind of tree that could be I would be very interested to hear it O** Here are some of the pics:

I know it's a bit late but I wish you all a wonderful 2013 :-)

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Thank you all for your friendly comments ^Q^ \O

I thought I would have more time for the forum after the festive season (which was a time with a lot of work for me) but other things in my life take a lot of time and nerves!
But today I want to show you some pics of my favourite animal :-) It took exactly 3 weeks before I saw my first cheetah but then I had 7 cheetah sightings in 9 days O/\ O/\ First I want to tell you the story behind the sighting. I srayed in Skukuza and decided tio drive the S65 as early as possible. Befotre entering the S65 I was hold back by a leopard and when I dorve the S65 (with lots of expectations) I saw absolutely nothing. Then I wanted to go to Transport but I took the wrong turn. I know the road very well but I think I was not very concentrated ..or just very lucky!! After 200 meters I realized my mistake and I returned. When I came to the sign post I saw this beautiful cat who came from a no entry road behind the sign. He obviously had just eaten (see the blood on his mouth) and wanted to put his marks on the sign post. I was extremely lucky with my timing and the wrong turn -O Herre are some pics:

flying cheetah

Post by flying cheetah »

Again the last weeks have been very busy and I didn't have much time for the forum. But as a little Easter present I want to show you some predator pics of my November trip. With all of them I could spend some time alone (25 minutes with the cheetahs) which made the sightings very special. I didn't even take many pics as watching the behaviour of the animals was much more interesting!

HAPPY EASTER from a very cold and snowy Bavaria 0/*

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”