Another Short Long Weekend - September 2014

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Another Short Long Weekend - September 2014

Post by Mel »

Are you in a hurry, BT? :shock: Quite a few pages already in such a short period of time!

Either way.. You got quite busy days with lots of good big sightings, but even more interesting small stuff.
Some of the spider photos freak me out, but I still think they are well-captured! And the python in the tree
is a spectacular find! ^Q^

Dunno for real about that raptor, but could it be a juvenile dark chanting goshawk? The colour looks a bit
unreal, but the stance and the markings remind me of their KTP counterparts.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Toko wrote:Dickinson's Kestrel does not have barred underparts, it's all grey and confined to the far North. An Accipiter -O-
OK, thanks, I'll put it on the bird ID thread! \O

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Mel wrote:Are you in a hurry, BT? :shock: Quite a few pages already in such a short period of time!

Either way.. You got quite busy days with lots of good big sightings, but even more interesting small stuff.
Some of the spider photos freak me out, but I still think they are well-captured! And the python in the tree
is a spectacular find! ^Q^

Dunno for real about that raptor, but could it be a juvenile dark chanting goshawk? The colour looks a bit
unreal, but the stance and the markings remind me of their KTP counterparts.
Hi Mel, thanks for the comments. Not in a hurry but I've got another TT from our recent 2 week trip to start.

We had a great weekend and my parents really enjoyed themselves (or so they kept telling us). The Python was really difficult to see and we'd have missed it if it weren't for the other people staring into the tree.

I saw an all grey small raptor and immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Hunting cannot be considered a sport as all contestants in a sport should know they are playing the game!
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

I wonder how on earth anyone spotted that bushbaby/python!?

Remarkable! X#X X#X X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
steamtrainfan

Post by steamtrainfan »

That python has had quite a lot of exposure on the BPOE Facebook page so I guessed that you had seen it as well. It seems as if it has been there for a few days.

Nice photo of the roadblock.

Faith is the bird that feels the light while the dawn is still dark. Author unknown.
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Richprins wrote:I wonder how on earth anyone spotted that bushbaby/python!?

Remarkable! X#X X#X X#X
-O- -O-

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

steamtrainfan wrote:That python has had quite a lot of exposure on the BPOE Facebook page so I guessed that you had seen it as well. It seems as if it has been there for a few days.

Nice photo of the roadblock.
It was gone the next day!

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

What is a BPOE? O-/

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Richprins wrote:What is a BPOE? O-/
It's a farcebook page so who cares? -O-

BluTuna

Post by BluTuna »

Our last morning. We decided to spend some more time at Ngwenya instead of going back into the Park. SANParks don't give any pensioner's discounts so we would have had to pay full price for my parents just for a drive through to Malelane.

A Paper Wasp on its nest.

A beautiful Cuckoo Wasp.

A Red Spit-Bug.

And the last picture for the trip, one of the Water Monitors that live at the lodge.

Then it was off for the long journey home.
Yes RP, it's finished now!

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”