Kruger is calling......*

harrys

Re: Kruger is calling......

Post by harrys »

We drove on and was stopped by a elderly couple who said there was Lions at Ngotso.....so of we went and yes there was Lions O/\ O/\

After spending about 45 mins with the Lions we went on to Satara....there we saw some birdies in the day visitors area O:V

Then on the gravel rd just past Nsemane, some more Lions O:V

Next the scene for the best and once in a life time sighting for us -O-

When I return all may be revealed ;-) 0()

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
harrys

Post by harrys »

So there we where sitting next to Nsemane dam when I saw a black Impala in the mud :shock: ...... when we looked carefully we saw that a Crocodile was attached to the Impala :shock: :shock: , here is some photos of the drama and at the end will be the shocking/surprising conclusion :twisted: -O-

What will happen to this poor Impala.....will he become Crocodile food or.......... -O- 0()

Marakele day trips

harrys

Post by harrys »

The conclusion........ :shock:

The Impala was a fighter and kept falling and getting up and pulling....

Then something remarkable happened....something you only read in books and on the internet :shock:

The hippo attacked the Crocodile and the Impala hopped away with a badly injured leg, but he was alive for now ^Q^

Everyone was speechless for a while and then we all babbled toghether as there where only 3 other cars there and they where checking our next sighting out and didn't even see what happened 0- O/\

Marakele day trips

harrys

Post by harrys »

Everyone was so pumped up and exited after what we saw we slowly drove to Girvani waterhole and back to Nsemane where this waited for us ^Q^ :shock: O:V

It was getting late and we left for the S100 where some @#$ @#$ in their big vehicles came storming past us in a cloud off dust on their way to a Lion sighting where they could only see the Lions bums anyway ^0^ ^0^ ... I did tell them what I thought off their driving and we went on to the S89 and then S90 and then back to Letaba, the road was quiet and we didn't see very much.....but after the morning stint and all the excitement we didn't really mind O:V O/\

And so we came to the end of a awesome day....a day that not one of us will forget very soon O/\ O/\

Next our last day in KNP...

Marakele day trips

harrys

Post by harrys »

Day 10 - 10 August

So after all the excitement of the previous day we decided to have a restful day so we went to the bird hide at Engelhard dam and then just drive around :-0 I must add that it was a miserable morning with the wind trying to blow us back to Boksburg and it was cloudy with some drizzle at times :O^

TBC......

Marakele day trips

harrys

Post by harrys »

Last photos of day 10 and our trip.....

Back at camp

When we got back at camp at 10:00 we went for a walk through the camp and then I got into bed and slept till 14:45 O** :o0ps:

We left at 6:00 on 11 August and it was drizzling and cold, we saw 5 Hyenas just outside camp and some general game before we left through Phalaborwa gate for home \O

If I had to rate this trip it would be in the top 3 best trips since 2006 when we visited KNP for the first time with the kids O:V ^Q^ O/\

Looking forward to our next trip 0() 0()

Marakele day trips

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”