Rayb Kruger Travel Tale, Not...or Maybe

Flutterby

Re: Rayb Kruger Travel Tale, Not...or Maybe

Post by Flutterby »

Richprins wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:40 pm The Voortrekker Road can be very boring at times...and so it was for the first 300km.
=O: =O:

The last time we did the Voortrekker road we didn't see one animal, not even an impala, and we were well-shaken and stirred!! :O^

nan

Post by nan »

nice Rhino and cutlle little ones ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

for me Voortrekker road gives Sables :yes:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

I guess the Vortrekker road is one of the few roads in Kruger which we have never driven so far O** O** O**

Love the rhinos, Richprins, and for sure the hyenas X#X X#X X#X

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

There have been amazing sightings there over the years, Pumbaa, but not regular. I think there may be a lack of water sometimes...it is more of a link road. Also fewer vehicles. :-0

Many years ago there was a cheetah chasing a roan calf, for example! :shock:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Richprins wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 am There have been amazing sightings there over the years, Pumbaa, but not regular. I think there may be a lack of water sometimes...it is more of a link road. Also fewer vehicles. :-0

I guess the lack of water there prevented us to drive this road but I am sure there could be more than incredible sightings O**

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
okie

Post by okie »

Richprins wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 am There have been amazing sightings there over the years, Pumbaa, but not regular. I think there may be a lack of water sometimes...it is more of a link road. Also fewer vehicles. :-0

My great-great-great-great grandfather's uncle , who was a Voortrekker , travelled that road about 1834 , and he did not report anything either O**

Enough is enough
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

=O:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Good one, Okie \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Well, the Voortrekkers weren't shy of having a bit of "tea" in the Park either! ;-)

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

The rhino game gloser and gloser! :shock:

q.jpg

It was uneventful as we sped to Berg&Dal, and located our hut which I had masterfully organised to be next to Ray's! O/\ Spiffy rental vehicle he had! :shock:

q1.jpg

Bees and I had planned a little prank - we walked to their unit hand-in-hand and knocked at the door still holding hands nonchalantly! :twisted: Mrs Ray opened, though, so it fell flat a bit...she hardly skipped a beat either... O-/

Ray had passed out but eventually emerged and we got to know each other quickly! X#X

Ray is an err..unusual character, and fascinating to interact with! (Some would just say he is f-ing exhausting). One has to pay very careful attention as he speaks in euphemisms and finely tuned riddles which sound like statements but are actually questions. I was simply too tired, and Bees can't understand English.

Ray: "So one can't let the grey hose do the roundabout when in Rome, now can you?"

RP: "Err, no!"

Bees: "..."

Ray: "And then of course the Lakeland District is never up for grabs, or so I thought when we were on the train!"

RP: ".........show us how to make a fire, then... :O^ "

This is rayb:

q2.jpg

He proceeded to fart about with little bits of wood, and I roundly berated him for sheer uselessness.

q3.jpg

However, the penny dropped at some stage and I realised the bastard was having us on - he had made plenty of braais in his life! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Richprins is the most intelligent creature in the universe, and does NOT get caught out, so I sulked for at least 2 beers! 0= :X: (0!) (0!) (0!)

However Bees and the Ray Family got on like an absolute house on fire, so I got involved again through sheer jealousy! :twisted:

q4.jpg

the sod ray was polishing off our stock of cold tea, so I gently directed things so that they would drink his warm stock, which doesn't seem to bother the Poms! \O

Our traditional braaipacks, Mrs Ray and I bonded nicely too in the kitchen while the men were getting the real fire going! \O

q5.jpg

We had an absolutely brilliant meal, and Ray had brought me a present all the way from England, a packet of shortbread tea biscuits... 0-

And I managed to sleep quite well! O/\

And next morning we left in time for sport at school back in Nellies! :-0

q6.jpg

Bumshot!

q7.jpg

Bye bye!

q9.jpg

Thanks, ray, that was a lovely breakaway and meeting! X#X X#X X#X

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”