3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Peter Betts

Re: 3 Weeks of Sheer Bliss at Tsendze Sept 2018

Post by Peter Betts »

The night at Tsendze camp is dark ..Here the sky was black already and Only 2 x Parafin Lights and 1 x rechargable LED for Jane working in her Kitchen and I had a Bright Gas light outside while cooking on the Braai then switched off ...I didnt want to take a Bright Flash Photo so I decided to take a 20 Second Exposure instead ..Thats a 3rd of a minute with the shutter open - camera on a tripod ..I still have to get a cooler white Balance doing these long night time exposures ..LEARNING curve deluxe
20 Sec Exposure Tsendze camp.jpg
You will need a click on pic for this one to get a more correct cooler White Balance as I shot it look

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very fancy, Peter! [O] [O] [O]

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Lovely pic. \O

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

After days of going South of Tsendze every early morning Jane & I decided to visit Shingwedzi but via the quieter S 50 , Shawu Vlei and Grootvlei etc to the back end of the Shing camp ..It was good arrive at Grootvlei dam on our first visit /pull in this trip just as a huge herd of Buff were leaving after a drink no doubt and disappeared into the mist ..These 2 were the rear Guard ..2 crusty best left alone hitmen
Departing Dagga Bulls.jpg
..Buffalo herds mean Lions following and as this was the only water in the area , the Buff were trapped into coming here every day ..Plan implemented for the next day. The mist was now rising / getting burnt up quickly . This shows the low level of the dam after the mist went and in the back ground is my favorite stretch of road in the area ..the top of the dam wall ...accessible only really by High clearance vehicles and soft touch driving to get onto the dam wall and slide down at the end to turn around ( you can see the distant dismount slope on the left end of the dam wall ) the only way to leave the dam wall area
Grootvlei Dam.jpg
.. We carried on from the dam north towards Shingwedzi River east end and along the way saw many more herds of Buff ...Lion Heaven and this was proved 100% when I arrived at the dam wall the next morning and turned into my photographic playground for the next 3 days and again days later...The dam wall all of a sudden looked different with all the cats relaxing on top waiting for Nyati to arrive
Dam Wall Lions.jpg
Dam Wall Lioness.jpg
..Buff = lion ..I learnt that as a 6 year old staying at the Rangers House at P Kop (Henry Wolhuter..the famous Harry's son) during my Grade 2 hols
Last edited by Peter Betts on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

and you never stopped learning ;-) ^Q^ ^Q^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Very interesting, Peter! \O

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

I will never forget the Drought of this year up North ,,pic here of water scarce Malopenyana
Elephant Tapestry.jpg

Alf

Post by Alf »

Agree. They need rain and plenty of it fast

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Nice pic though. \O

Pumbaa