Flutterby

Re: A Flutter With My Brother

Post by Flutterby »

I don't know Lis. -O-

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Satara

We couldn't hang around Olifants too long, and decided to head back to camp via the S92 and S90. This hyena came slinking past just before the low-level bridge.

A Yellow-billed Stork at the bridge.

The sun's rays were trying to get through the clouds.

A Kori Bustard! :-0

As we approached Bangu waterhole my heart skipped a beat...lions in the road!! O\/ O\/ I grabbed my camera and snapped this pic :O^ but then they moved! 0*\

One lioness stayed on the road and wasn't concerned about us coming up right next to her! :-0

We then saw 2 cubs to our right!! :-0 Anna was beside herself with excitement! O\/ They didn't stay in sight too long though and we didn't see them again.

This lioness was very shy.

There were 5 lionesses and the 2 cubs. O:V

A phone pic.

Unfortunately time was ticking and we had to leave to make it back to camp in time. I was so glad that we'd managed to find lions for Jonty and Anna, and it was a perfect sighting...in the road, with cubs, and all to ourselves! :yes: And, Anna had a new favourite animal!! O**

harrys

Post by harrys »

Great sighting, Lions with cubs..... Wonderful ^Q^ ^Q^ O/\

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Excellent luck, Flutts! ^Q^

Ja, the Bangu area is very nice indeed! :yes:

Lovely scenery shot, and of course the cubs1 O/\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

harrys wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 am Great sighting, Lions with cubs..... Wonderful ^Q^ ^Q^ O/\
It was about time!! lol
Richprins wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:32 am Excellent luck, Flutts! ^Q^

Ja, the Bangu area is very nice indeed! :yes:

Lovely scenery shot, and of course the cubs1 O/\
:ty:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

It was sure great that you found lions, for the "foreigners" and even with cubs, which is always special O/\ O/\

Also the kori bustard is not bad \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

:yes: :ty:

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Satara

We left the lions behind and stopped a couple of times to get some scenic shots.

We got back to camp with seconds to spare. This little gecko was waiting to say hello to us. ;-) Is it just a common Tropical House Gecko?

Dinner was rump steak, wors, baked potatoes and salad, but I only remembered to take a photo when we were almost done! O**

We had a bit of excitement when a Red Roman Spider appeared! O** Anna was running around and shrieking, while Jonty and I were trying to kick it off the verandah and looked like total idiots doing some crazy dance! lol Mommo sat through the whole episode not knowing what was going on! O** lol Anyway, it was early to bed as we had the long drive home the next morning. :-(

As we were leaving the next morning we spotted an African Wild Cat near our cottage but this was the only pic I managed to get! 0*\ But at least we'd seen another cat! :-0

We headed down the H7 towards Orpen Gate, and at last we could get some sunrise shots! ;-)

We decided to take a look at Girivana where there were a couple of baboons, impala and wildebeest, and some Comb Ducks.

We carried on and a few kms on, I slowed down for a giraffe close the road. Suddenly Anna squeaked from the back, "Reverse! I've just seen a leopard!" :shock: It was about 10 metres off the road behind a dead tree and it was just staring at us! O\/ It was very skittish and as soon as we stopped it ran off, towards the giraffe! The giraffe bolted, with the leopard not far behind...it looked like the leopard was chasing the giraffe! lol I only managed to get two pics, and not very good one as I was driving and the leopard was moving. :O^

Anna was extremely chuffed at spotting her own leopard, as were we, and we all showered her with compliments! :-0 And that was our last note-worthy sighting before reaching Orpen Gate. :-(

The trip was over far too soon, and even though we'd battled to find the cats, in the end we still saw the Big 5, plus wild dogs and an AWC...a successful trip in anyone's book! :yes: Jonty and Anna loved every minute and can't wait to go back again! O:V As we left the park, we had one final sighting of baboons...and Anna declared that they were still her favourites! lol

Another Flutter done and dusted! 0/*

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

A very happy ending with a leopard O\/ O\/

Summing it all up you did see a lot of great animals including the birds ^Q^ ^Q^

Thanks a lot for another Flutter with a couple of new actors ;-) ^Q^ ^Q^ \O

I am only a bit sad about Mommo :-(

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Lovely stuff, Flutts!

Great scenery and brilliant food, and what a way to end the trip, which was actually very successful! ;-) :yes:

Tell Anna she hasn't seen anything until she's seen Nelspruit baboons! ..0..

:ty: For the tale, and regards to Mommo! X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”