A Boon With a View - Dimwits Olifants 2018 Mambas Returns Interactive Report

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: A Boon With a View - Dimwits Olifants 2018 Mambas Returns Interactive Report

Post by Lisbeth »

Most likely lol

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Richprins
Committee Member

Re: A Boon With a View - Dimwits Olifants 2018 Mambas Returns Interactive Report

Post by Richprins »

:yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

You did the shopping in Phala and entered at Malelane gate? :-?

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

No...just the same system transferred to Malelane spar! :-0

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Aha! \O

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

YAY, another RP TT - always good for some chuckles and leaves me :-0 :-0 with each entry. 0() 0()

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Answer was given, now for the next episode :yes:

Agree with the chuckles, Ex... Already had the odd one lol

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:ty:

Renosterpan it was, indeed! ^Q^

The hyeanas were sort of a bit off the road, but it appeared that there was a road to the pans where they were...this is a recurring feature of Renosterpan and one is never quite sure, as the area is barren during the dry season. 0: -O-

q.jpg

There were quite a few, lying under the Guarrie bushes:
q1.jpg

One was sleeping in the muddy wallow, which they seem to enjoy! 0-

q2.jpg
q3.jpg

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

To be honest hyena were not at the top of my personal wishlist on this trip, as I had spent days with them around Pretoriuskop already that winter... O**

A bit further along the tar road there were a huge traffic jam, as Alf would say! lol

t.jpg
This reminded us of why we don't do Dimwits to the south of the Park! lol ..0..

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

There were allegedly lions somewhere here:

q6.jpg
RP: "Let's go!"

Frew: "Just wait, maybe we see the lions! There they are...no, no, There is one! ...no..."

RP: "Don't worry, we will see hundreds of lions! This is the prime time of year for predators, and we are going to the central district, which is called that because it is Predator Central!"

Mam: "Are you sure, because in the past you have..."

RP: "Just do as I say!"

(This prediction by me was to prove catastrophically incorrect...who would have thunk it? -O- )

So we turned around...
q5.jpg

We thought that we had just seen all the vehicles in the area, but around the corner a shock awaited at Afsaal...sort of like a Zulu Movie! :shock: :shock: :shock:

q7.jpg

RP: "Sound the Retreat!!!"

On we went smartishly. In the meantime I had just recovered from my claustrophobia and was seeking a bit of medicine when I realised Frewells had brought bottles instead of cans. :evil:

This may seem innocuous but bottles are unwieldy and space-consuming in the cooler, and bulky to dispose of. It is normally only the cooler and me in the back seat, and we have a special relationship and my delivery and planning of cold refreshments is meticulous and renowned throughout the Lowveld. Fortunately I retained my composure. \O

RP: "Holy &*^^@-ing sh*&^%$#! Are you f*@*&$#&ng kidding me????!!!"

Frew: "What?"

RP: "Ten F#$^&ing years and you still don't know the $%$^&**ng way that we pack the #$^@ cooler???!!"

Frew: "Sorry."

I was fuming and organising as we stopped at another desert river:

q8.jpg
Last edited by Richprins on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”