Sprocky's visits to Kruger Park

Pumbaa

Re: Sprocky's visits to Kruger Park

Post by Pumbaa »

Your Pictures are fantastic, Sprocky,

especially love the muddy buffalo \O \O \O

Sorry that it was a bit quiet for you but the weather you had was also a bit strange :shock: :shock: but I guess to be there is simply the best ^Q^

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
stoffel04

Post by stoffel04 »

Great pics SPROCK , you're truly blessed with the great sightings and the wonderful pics you get to take !! It brings back memories of a yellow v6 combi with a sunroof out at BALULI WAAAAY BACK WHEN .......................

Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Thanks harrys, nan, Flutterby, Bush Brat, Bushcraft, Super Mongoose, PRWIN, Richprins, Mel and Pumbaa for following my short trip. It was good to have you all tag along. \O

Shingwedzi Day 5 18 December 2013

Good news when I surfaced, the rain had stayed away all night, leaving me a dry tent to pack away. I sat enjoying a few cups of coffee while the girls had a chance to sleep a bit late this morning. Once they were both up and about we started packing up to head for home. The drive home was much the same as the rest of the days, not much worth photographing. On the way down we made a quick stop at Tsendze to say hi to Roger and Elina, Roger was not there but we were greated with a huge hug from Elina. After a short chat we were on our way. We did the S48 (Tsendze Loop) on the way down to Letaba, as there were reports that Lion had taken down a Buffalo on the loop. We found the remains, clean white bones still attached to the spine. There were no animals or vultures anywhere near the carcass. :-? Nothing to be seen, so we headed for Letaba, on the way we found a few White Storks...

It was quiet again until we got to the Letaba River. Close to the camp we saw this Elephant carcass on the sand, with a few visitors. Even a Crocodile was feeding on dry land...

The wind was wafting the smell of decaying meat straight towards us, at one stage I thought the girls were going to gag. Time to move, we planned a short stop at Letaba for a bite. This ended up taking ages, we waited over an hour for a pizza, and then had to pay R116-50 and it tasted like nothing, never again! I can't wait for M&B to open at Letaba. \O I was now fuming, so it was a 50Kph dash to the gate with no stops. :evil:

I hope that SANParks read my "customer feedback" that I completed for them. :evil:

Anyway, that was me and night stops in KNP for a good while. There are better places to stay, I am a happy day visitor until they do something about there service and ridiculous pricing!! O**

Next will be day trip pics again, thanks for following! \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

Thanks stoffel, glad I brought back some of those good memories to you. Thanks for joining the forum. \O

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
nan

Post by nan »

not common to see a Croc with birds feeding on a carcass :-?
interesting \O
^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

That Ellie was shot by the rangers last week Friday as it broke it's leg coming down the embankment.
Hear the shots as we were just setting up camp at Letaba at the time. O/

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
Bush Brat

Post by Bush Brat »

Thanks for sharing Sprocks! \O

nan

Post by nan »

I always heard, rangers do nothing if it's a natural cause... only if the accident is due to a "tourist" :-?
two weight two measure.... I think of Anton who was seriously injured... and nobody wanted to do something...

but I think is better for the Ellie... poor of him :-(

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Interesting, that croc, Sprocks! :shock:

Did leachy behave on the trip? 0()

nana, I think rangers use their discretion and kill suffering animals quite often? -O-

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Thanks for sharing Sprocks! Nice falcon sightings! \O

Return to “Travel Tales of Kruger National Park”