Post by Flutterby »

Very good spot of the python! \O \O

Richprins
Committee Member

Re: Lions On The Loose

Post by Richprins »

Pork fillet?! ..0.. [O]

Well-spotted on the python, Peej! O/\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

A Python O\/ I would love to see one :yes: Looks quite big, but it is difficult to judge in a pic ;-)

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Alf

Post by Alf »

Amazing sighting with the python ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Serious eagle-eye spotting on that python :shock: That's why you often win the "Can you see the Animal?" lol

Pork fillet on the braai is the best! I hardly ever eat it when it's hot though - rather the next day as padkos with tons of mustard going with it :-0

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PJL

Post by PJL »

Flutterby wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:50 am Very good spot of the python! \O \O
Thanks Flutts, it was quite the find! First time we've ever seen one which was great \O
Richprins wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:34 am Pork fillet?! ..0.. [O]

Well-spotted on the python, Peej! O/\
The pork fillet was actually a bit of a mix-up. I'm not quite sure what happened but it was supposed to be beef fillet... the fact it was wrapped in bacon perhaps should have given its identity away O** =O: =O:
Lisbeth wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:02 am A Python O\/ I would love to see one :yes: Looks quite big, but it is difficult to judge in a pic ;-)
Even being there it was difficult to judge its size due to it being wrapped around itself :-?
I don't think it was fully grown though - perhaps 2.5m to 3m in length -O-
Alf wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:19 am Amazing sighting with the python ^Q^
Thanks Alf, it was great to see it... a first time for us as well X#X
Mel wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:21 am Serious eagle-eye spotting on that python :shock: That's why you often win the "Can you see the Animal?" lol

Pork fillet on the braai is the best! I hardly ever eat it when it's hot though - rather the next day as padkos with tons of mustard going with it :-0
The 'fillet' was thought to be beef until I opened the packed and realised it didn't look beef-like =O: =O:
But it was very tasty - something to do again sometime \O \O

PJL

Post by PJL »

Thu 28th June contd

We continued on along the S25 and found this nice steenbok ram O\/

There were elephant in a few places and this one attempted to intimidate us... but soon realised we had seen those tricks before O** O**

We got as far as the Biyamiti turn where some kudu were strutting their stuff

Then it was time to head back to Crocodile Bridge to catch the sunset drive. This tall horse seemed to have a bit of a neck growth :-?

The hyena was still guarding the remains of the impala... the horns now clearly visible \O

There was quite a crowd taking the sunset drive so a jeep jockey and truck were used for the drives. We were allocated with the larger group on the higher vehicle and we soon realised this was a good thing as you could see a lot further into the bush with its elevation. Our driver turned out to be open to ideas and we knew that the leopard mom and cub had been seen that afternoon on the S130 so we headed that direction. Along the way we found a nice group of buffalo bulls O:V

Fairly rapidly the sun was setting so we grabbed a quick shot before heading up the S130

Everything was pretty quiet but after a while we found some giraffe charging around. It seemed like there was a mother protecting its youngster from other giraffe but after watching the situation for a while it became clear that this was an incredibly fresh newborn, and the mother along with other giraffe were pushing it along to help it find its feet :shock: :shock: ..0..

In between the pressure to get the youngster moving there were some moments of amazing tenderness

But the rest was never for too long before the wobbly youngster was chased into moving again O**

It seemed harsh that the baby was being harassed so much, but being able to run away from predators that night would be essential!

We had spent quite a bit of time with the giraffe which was great, as a little one that new is very rarely seen. However I couldn't help but think we may have missed the leopard as a result. Further up the road a couple of jackal were extremely nervous, suggesting another predator was moving through the area, but we never caught sight of anything... it just goes to show that timing is everything :yes:

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

The tiny giraffe has some impressive legs lol

Alf

Post by Alf »

Oh that little giraffe is so cute ^Q^

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
Flutterby