Lions for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (October 2019)

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Re: Lions for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (October 2019)

Post by Lisbeth »

Lovely shots of Bothselo O\/ (what does the name mean?)

The first picture of the "dead" lion, looks as if rigour Mortis has moved in lol

Some very ingenious pics of the two lady lions ^Q^ ^Q^ At least you have found a way not to be too bored by flat lions ;-) \O

Right place, the right time is not an easy task lol

I like the bee-eaters, they have such lovely colours \O .....and also the owl, of course :yes:

^Q^ ^Q^
0()

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

WoW Mel,

you could not complain about the number of different cats you saw during that trip \O \O \O Awesome shots on top :ty:

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Hey Pumbaa, are you already home? :shock:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Pumbaa

Post by Pumbaa »

Yip :-)

PuMbAa

Please visit our website: www.photomaniacs.de
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

:ty: Flutts, Richprins, Alf, Klippie, Ex, Lis and Pumbaa 0/0
ExFmem wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm What kind of snake was that, if you know?? Doesn't look like a Mole Snake - -O-
I was thinking young Cape cobra :-?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Urikaruus - 17th October 2019

Our last full day in the park had broken and we were still desperate for Miera. I don't believe in Richprins' theory that one lets the leopards come -
you must work on finding them. Bushcraft is the best example for that O:V However, sometimes persistence just isn't enough and nothing happens anways 0*\ lol But, hey, who are we to complain after such a cat-laden trip :-0

First up in the morning was the pearlie again. Hope it is still around when we get there next time. I love those little owlets 0/0
DSC_4956_00045_00093.jpg
Close to Kamqua we found our only second Cape fox outside of the camp for the whole trip. :-(
DSC_4958_00046_00094.jpg
Further south the martial that we had seen more often over the past few days but who had always looked pretty dull in the gloomy early morning light was finally up for a photo.
DSC_4967_00047_00095.jpg

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

And then the road went quiet lol Only when we got down to the stretch between Monro and Homoued we had an interesting encounter with a lioness. At first she just walked a bit in the riverbed, before heading up to the rocky ridge that is so typical for that area. She actually didn't make it all the way up but disappeared in on of the coves that are obscured from view by shrubs growing in front of them. Only then we realized that she might be after a den for her cubs. Later I saw photos on Facebook from that area with very young cubs. The timing would be right, so we like to assume that we were witness to the den scouting act lol

However, she might have not liked the fact that we were watching her because she always had an eye on us and what we were doing. So she did not stay in that cove and most likely looked for a different place after she had disappeared beyond the ridge O**
DSC_4970_00048_00096.jpg

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

Such lovely pics Mel!! ^Q^ ^Q^

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The martial eagle is sitting very comfortably =O: =O:

I love your pearly! I want to see one :yes:

Cute foxie ^Q^ ^Q^
0()

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Mel wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:37 am And then the road went quiet lol Only when we got down to the stretch between Monro and Homoued we had an interesting encounter with a lioness. At first she just walked a bit in the riverbed, before heading up to the rocky ridge that is so typical for that area. She actually didn't make it all the way up but disappeared in on of the coves that are obscured from view by shrubs growing in front of them. Only then we realized that she might be after a den for her cubs. Later I saw photos on Facebook from that area with very young cubs. The timing would be right, so we like to assume that we were witness to the den scouting act lol

However, she might have not liked the fact that we were watching her because she always had an eye on us and what we were doing. So she did not stay in that cove and most likely looked for a different place after she had disappeared beyond the ridge O**

DSC_4970_00048_00096.jpg
Definitely very pregnant ..She wouldnt worry about you looking at her looking at Nest sites ..probably she had already chosen a place long ago and she was just checking before the big day

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”