Chicks and a new SO on the catwalk (Oct 2013)*

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Chicks and a new SO on the catwalk (Oct 2013)

Post by Mel »

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Flutterby wrote:What awesome sightings to end off your trip...leopard, hynies & cheetahs, not to mention a stunning sunset & sunrise!!
Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!
Duke wrote:Had a lot of catching up to do Mel but enjoyed all of it
Thank you \O
PRWIN wrote:just caught up again , lovely photo,s
Thank you for following and commenting, Flutts, Duke and PRWIN! :-)
Bush Brat wrote:Wow Mel, what a trip!
Lions
Leopards
Cheetahs
Hyenas - Brown and Spotted
...and a whole lot of other chicks to make this trip so special, thanks for sharing!
Thanks to you as well - also for the quite a few nominations. ;-)
Lisbeth wrote:Beautiful scenery pics
Nice videos, especially the weavers and Warona and mom
Thank you for a great KTP TT........as usual
Eish, you make me blush, Lis. Thanks for your kind comment! 0/0
Bushveld Jock wrote:Finally caught up again.
Wow what great sightings you had of the leopards at Auchterlonie, lovely cheetahs and lots of lions. I think we saw the collared lioness also at Kwang pan, but with only another car with us. I had to go off-road slightly to avoid driving over the lioness tail when we left the sightings as they were blocking the entrance to Kwang. Also experience a car pile up at Maries on both sides of mating lions sleeping in the road. Luckily its not that often, but with any slight increase in visitors to KTP the roads can be busy. So glad no cellphone reception at the moment.
Long my the no cellphone reception last!!! Hahaha about the Kwang lions. Still hogging the place then... Thanks for catching up, BJ! O0
nan wrote: once we put the foot in the sand........
superb videos beautiful pictures
the birds had already forgotten the bowls of water
very interesting sightings... Warona and mum, lions's cubs
Elena, on you own (at the kill)
and... and... and
True nan, once the red sand gets into your boots there is no cure anymore other than visiting the place as often as possible.
Thanks for keeping me company and for your wonderful feedback. 0/0
(But on the kill it was Lisette, not Elena.)
Bushcraft wrote:Catching up again O/\
Leaving camp at 9am and smashing the sightings :shock:
Is it KTP or are you guys lucky
What a wonderful trip
Thanks for sharing this with us
Thanks for returning, BC! I think, we were extremely lucky this time around. Also, the morning temps played a big role in our favour.
If we should experience hotter weather next October / November, we'll definitely won't be so lazy again because the critters will
have vanished in the shades by 9 o'clock. We took chances this time and got lucky. :-)
Tina wrote:it seems you had a wonderful trip, Mel.
Thank you so much for sharing.
As all of us seem to have seen the same cheetahs, I am wondering, if there are actually 200 in KTP as it is mentioned in the booklet.
Thanks to you as well, for tagging along! \O The booklet says only 200 cheetah? I read that there are about 350 somewhere else. :-?
But either way. I think, quite a few of them are rather secretive. I remember Gus Mills telling us that there was a particular cheetah who
mainly lived on ostriches and always stayed in the dune and never visited a waterhole. That cheetah got all his liquids from the blood of
the kill. Then there are cheetahs like Gertie and Thelma who we heard of but aren't seen that often. And when I look at the long list
of unidentified cheetahs we got here, I'd say I personally haven't been all too lucky in terms of variety of individuals (but feel extremely
blessed to have been able to follow Elena and Lisette for such a long time now. O\/ )

Kesheshe

Re: Chicks and a new SO on the catwalk (Oct 2013)*

Post by Kesheshe »

hi mel

yes your cool neighbour has arrived to check up on your trip report. I cannot believe we missed Auchterlonie female and Warona by 5 mins. your photos of them are fantastic I am so jealous.

it took a while to read your entire trip report and you had some amazing sightings and the cape cobra is a really amazing shoot.

you saw a lot of brownie's!

Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Chicks and a new SO on the catwalk (Oct 2013)*

Post by Mel »

Hey cool neighbour,

Rather late than never :-0 Good to see you here and thanks for the compliments.
That light at the leopard sighting was really magic and I don't think it can be repeated all too soon. :O^

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”