Blown away by (in) the Kgalagadi- November 2015*

GavinW

Re: Blown away by (in) the Kgalagadi- November 2015

Post by GavinW »

A feline farewell

With a long drive all the way back to Cape Town ahead of us, we packed up our campsite before heading out on our final drive of the holidays, pretty pleased with ourselves that we were still waiting at reception before the gates had opened.

The animals obviously decided that they didn't want to say goodbye to us, as we saw very little along the way. We decided to go as far as Kij Kij before turning back to head home.

Just before Kij Kij, I realised that we would be getting home VERY late that evening, as we came across this family of lions:

The lions we had seen yesterday had come down off the dune and were on the move

We followed the one lioness and two tiny cubs as they walked towards the water hole

Debbie couldn't get over the cuteness factor of the tiny cubs

And to make things even more exciting, the second lioness was busy roaring, calling the rest of the pride, making quite a racket

Wishing I was in the KTP
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The one female looks very big and all look very well fed and the cubs soooooo cute O/\ O/\ \O

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
GavinW

Post by GavinW »

Thanks everyone for all your input in this travel tale, I really do appreciate each and every comment. O0

The Kgalagadi says goodbye..... for now

The lionesses and cubs continued to the waterhole, roaring/ calling as they went.
One of the cubs tried to imitate it’s mother with an aggressive, meeuw

“I am such a big brave cat”

Who was definitely on a mission

Eventually the four caught up with the rest of the pride, which included a big male and a few sub adults. They carried on northwards parallel to the road

By now the sighting was getting pretty busy, and with a long drive ahead of us, we reluctantly turned around and set off for home.

We left the park at about 8.30am, happy with another different trip to the park, which was dominated in the early part of the trip by windy conditions with a whole lot of different, smaller sightings, and then some awesome brown hyena and lion sightings in the second half of the holiday.

Till May, when we return

Wishing I was in the KTP
nan

Re: Blown away by (in) the Kgalagadi- November 2015*

Post by nan »

I missed a lot when I'm in the Kgalagadi :evil:

fantastic end of your travel through the park O/\ ^Q^ ^Q^ ^Q^

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/

Return to “Travel Tales of Kgalagadi Transfrontier National Park”