Kruger Camping

Information & Discussions on Camping
RobertT

Re: Kruger Camping

Post by RobertT »

I have never come across any theft while camping. I have seen reports of meat being stolen from communal fridges/ freezers but not much else. I haven’t camped down South for a few years but think it is a toss up between nice campsite vs sightings in area. If I wanted a pool, would camp at Lower Sabie even with their cramped sites just for roads in area, then Berg en Dal. If pool not a requirement I would look at Croc Bridge before Malelane.

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Wouldnt touch Lower Sabie with a barge Pole ..The roads are actually terrible ..Habituated animals and CARS for Africa

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

somabhula wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:18 pm Hello everyone.

Long time no posts. Still holidaying in SA. Some good, some bad.
Off to KTP and other Northern Cape parks this year.
Question re: Kruger Camping next year. We go North to South but seeing that they are messing with the camps in the South looking at Skukuza. 4 x 4 forum says there is a problem with thefts in campsites especially Skukuza. Other campers or not???No use asking on the other forum.
(Lower Sabie for me is a big no-no).
Travelling from Western Cape, not Cape Town though. 0/*
Skukuza is Gold Reef City in the 'Bush' so there WILL be theft and NOISE at night from the Adjacent Staff camp Correct about Lower Sabie ..big no no to camp especially ..Why not just do Punda to Maroela as your ultimate South point...seeing you WILL be paying around R 12000 for fuel from CT to Kruger and back ..Dont want to spoil your vacation wasting money in crowded sightings

Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

Richprins wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:09 pm Hello, Soma! Long time! 0/*

I haven't heard many complaints about stealing/theft, but campers are generally of a lower class, so it is likely they steal each other's stuff. :yes:

What time of year are you going? (Shade is an important consideraion!)

Tsendze and Balule are generally the most favoured, but they do not have pools and shops etc.

0()
Thats why Tsendze and Balule are great ..Less ammenities and more bush ambiance ..Badplaas, Skukuza, Lower Sabie , Warmbad , Satara and Tshipise are for the Oord mense ..Pools , shops paved camp roads etc

somabhula

Post by somabhula »

Thanks everyone. Will put suggestions to the vote. See what comes.

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
somabhula

Post by somabhula »

Okay but after Maroela??
Need to get back to WC. 600+/- kms a day is max usually for us. One nighters are Guest Houses.

What about a private park that has self drive and camping just outside Orpen?? or any reccommendations ..0..

"I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Lewis Carroll
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

somabhula wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:19 pm Okay but after Maroela??
Need to get back to WC. 600+/- kms a day is max usually for us. One nighters are Guest Houses.

What about a private park that has self drive and camping just outside Orpen?? or any reccommendations ..0..
You wont find anything like that outside Orpen ..Its Timbavati = Luxury $$$$$$ Lodges

somabhula

Post by somabhula »

Was actually thinking of Manyeleti, has camping, chalets, pool, self drive (limited), plus 3 private lodges.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

They are mostly quite a distance from the tar road, Soma, on questionable gravel roads. :twisted:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
RobertT

Post by RobertT »

If you stay just outside Orpen, What about Tamboti last night, then there is no packing.

Return to “Camping”