Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature
Flutterby

Re: New security at Kruger gates...

Post by Flutterby »

0*\

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Richprins wrote:Well, nana, I can only go on what I have witnessed, and that is private cars and delivery vehicles are searched, but not taxis? Or not private cars next to taxis? -O-
It's not going to work based on this 0*\

Tent dweller

Post by Tent dweller »

Having just returned from a 16 day holiday in the park I can safely say that the security at the gates is a joke =O: =O: , we entered at Phalaborwa gate, booked in at reception, and just drove through into the park, while the security guards flirted with some pretty girl and did not seem bothered to stop/search us, we then exited at Orpen gate a few days later, security guards all standing around, one guy "glanced" at our exit permit, he was not very sure of what he was supposed to be checking for and he let us through =O: =O: , we entered again at Phabeni gate, there was a queue of 3 cars, we waited our turn, the one guard said that the quota had been reached for the day but the other guard said we had to be let in because we were overnight visitors and then they proceeded to have a heated discussion in very broken english =O: =O: , we just drove in, we exited at Malelane gate yesterday, where the security guard was taking his job way too serious, I had purchased a plant at the nursery in Skukuza but I had thrown the receipt away, the guard was convinced that I had stolen the plant from the park, I showed him that the plant was in a black plastic covering with a SANparks sticker on it but he was not convinced at all, eventually he let us go but he was not happy at all =O: =O:

nan

Post by nan »

indeed not serious at all 0=

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

When do they learn to train their staff properly 0*\ It goes for the gate staff as well as the camp staff.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
okie

Post by okie »

Hmmmmm. There was supposed to be 128 security staff , specifically trained , and employed at all ( 11 ) the park gates 0*\
Therefore , on average almost 11 per gate . I assume that they do not work at nights ( only during gate open times ) , therefore say two shifts of +_ 6 hours , then constant manning of at least 5 at each an every gate :O^
At quieter gates , such as Pafuri , Punda , etc , they could get away with 1 person per shift , therefore two per gate , therefore 7 or 8 , or even 9 per shift at busier gates .

But from previous posts above , it appears that very few vehicles are actually being checked out 0*\

So , where are the guards , and what are they doing :O^

Enough is enough
Sprocky

Post by Sprocky »

I was not searched today or infact on the 31st. They even have the sniffer dogs at Phalaborwa, but they walk all over with their handler, still to see one sniffing at a car. 0*\

It all started well, but now it's back to normal. They are however more friendly than the previous private security, but then friendliness in security is not always a good thing. O**

Sometimes it’s not until you don’t see what you want to see, that you truly open your eyes.
Twigga

Post by Twigga »

O/ O/ O/

Somewhere in Kruger
Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

leachy reports not being searched either, at Phalaborwa or Croc Bridge...

There was an army roadblock between LS and Skukuza, however, just south of the Nwatimhiri!! ^Q^

However, one could bypass it by simply taking the causeway loop... 0*\

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Toko

Post by Toko »

Have had a SANParks roadblock in August and that was a check of park permit - nothing else -O-

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”