Test of 2019 Picnic spot Survey

Discussions on Kruger of a General Nature

Survey

Hide survey

Since Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:24 pm, this topic has a survey attached that can be used to perform an iquiry with multiple users.

Because the answers of this survey are hidden, you can only see your own entries.

The survey is closed since Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:44 am.

Afsaal Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean albasini ruins Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean babalala Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean makhadzi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean masorini Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean mlondozi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean mooiplaas Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean muzandzeni Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean nhlanguleni Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean nkuhlu Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean n'wanetsi Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean pafuri Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean skukuza Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean timbavati Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean tshokwane Example answer: 1 -usable 10 - Excellent state & clean
Sum:
Choices 7
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 7
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 1
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 0
Choices 6
Choices 7

graham

Re: Test of 2019 Picnic spot Survey

Post by graham »

Lisbeth wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:25 pm If you use a spreadsheet and update it after each poll it isn't much of a job and then you can use your brain to eliminate zeros and blancs ;-)
but you must give me some credit for using my brain to develop the spreadsheet formulae in the first place O\/

I really think that a poll will favour the better known places - perhaps someone can explain how a poll would work and not do this?

Also, why can't they all be done at the same time - the first to rate for ablutions, the second for accessibility, third for shade etc? Alternatively one for each site but done at the same time.

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

Agreed, graham! (Ja, exactly what is rthe difference? :o0ps: 0

Regarding camp day-visitors areas - won't they basically just be extensions of the various camps regarding their facilities and nature aspects? I would say just picnic spots! :yes:

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

We can do all the polls together and each can have as many options as you wish \O But thinking about it, I don't think that we can have votes in numbers O-/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

0/* All put in a poll for all to see what a poll would look like .

I think it overwrites the Survey when the poll is added .

I think a survey with ratings would give a better overall opinion on the status of sites although it is more work to setup . \O -O-

graham

Post by graham »

Thanks Roger.

This confirms my view that the lesser known picnic sites will be disadvantaged if a poll is used and that it would be a mistake to do so.

Orpen Dam and Tshanga are not true picnic sites (but I would be happy to include them) and Afsaal and Nkulu have been left out. Apologies if the list is merely for illustration.

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

This new design does not make sense. Voting for the best ablutions, does not do justice to all the other sites, maybe most of them have good ablutions.

Include Orpen dam that's a site with tables, seats and toilet.

Alf

Post by Alf »

Yeah the bigger picnic areas have better facilities than the smaller isolated ones but i would always avoid the bigger ones if i can

Next trip to the bush??

Let me think......................
harrys

Post by harrys »

Just an idea, why not do 2 surveys, one for the big picnic spots and one for the lesser known ones -O-

Marakele day trips

KNP: May be one day again??
Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

And if you do not remember the ablutions O**

I still think the simple way is the best O**

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

graham wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:24 pm Thanks Roger.

This confirms my view that the lesser known picnic sites will be disadvantaged if a poll is used and that it would be a mistake to do so.

Orpen Dam and Tshanga are not true picnic sites (but I would be happy to include them) and Afsaal and Nkulu have been left out. Apologies if the list is merely for illustration.
:yes: I can see the issue a poll would not do justice to many sites .Yes sorry it was quick copy paste list to get the outline of the poll settings . I think given the above the first survey may need to be to see which sites members wish to include in the later surveys .

Return to “Kruger Information & General Discussion Forum”