AW Social media

All the information you need to enjoy this forum. (FAQ's & How To's)

Adding linking & sharing forum posts on a social media platform like Facebook / Twitter?

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2015 11:29 am

I prefer that we dont link to any social platforms leave the forums separate from social media platforms .
19%
I think that this change should be made to the forums to allow sharing of posts on social media platforms.
44%
I dont have a clear opinion on either choice .
38%

Total votes: 16

nan

Re: AW Social media

Post by nan »

:ty:

Kgalagadi lover… for ever
https://safrounet.piwigo.com/
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Richprins wrote:Love the smell of democracy in the morning! :twisted:
Looking at the time of your post, I wonder when you usually get up. =O:

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Roger, please advise if my thinking here is incorrect.

Any member’s posts here are in the public domain already as with anything posted on any forum, so anyone can view those posts, copy them, etc.

All this social linking does really is help market AW, ones pics, posts, etc to a bigger audience should one chose to, therefore it helps with forum growth and surely we all want growth O**

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Bushcraft wrote:Roger, please advise if my thinking here is incorrect.
Any member’s posts here are in the public domain already as with anything posted on any forum, so anyone can view those posts, copy them, etc.
All this social linking does really is help market AW, ones pics, posts, etc to a bigger audience should one chose to, therefore it helps with forum growth and surely we all want growth O**
Hi BC .Yes 100 % correct \O .All posts are public domain .For example go to Google type in : Tuskers of Kruger Discussions & Identification .You will see the very first search item returned is the AW forum thread where aat identifies tuskers . The linking proposed means that we share the same information onto Facebook and twitter and other social platforms .

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

So what are the negatives and why would one not want this ;-)

RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

I don't see any negatives personally but I guess am used to the formats of both technologies and think they can be used together to grow the forums reach .I think there may be some members who are not sure or exposed to the social media platforms that may fear change but in reality if you don't want to share anything you don't have to click on the share button on the forum you can still use the forum the same way as you do now .

Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

Hundreds, I think it may be more clear now for those who aren't used to the multiple social platforms available nowadays \O X#X

Tina

Post by Tina »

RogerFraser wrote:I don't see any negatives personally but I guess am used to the formats of both technologies and think they can be used together to grow the forums reach .I think there may be some members who are not sure or exposed to the social media platforms that may fear change but in reality if you don't want to share anything you don't have to click on the share button on the forum you can still use the forum the same way as you do now .
Actually, I don’t think that this is correct.

SANPforum introduced the like button and as part of the discussion some legal implications came up which caused the withdrawal of it. Please, check this topic

Facebook like button

10.03. - 24.03.2015 From Berg to bush
19.11. - 01.12.2015 KTP
PRWIN

Post by PRWIN »

I can go with what has been done, but ask please keep clear on Pinterest :X:

Leave on top ,but don't put a link under each post :no: :no:

http://prwinnan.wix.com/prwinnan-photography
RogerFraser
Site Admin

Post by RogerFraser »

Hi PRWIN

I don't think there will be any linking being done to the social media platforms like Pintrest or Snapchat etc as these are primarily a photo sharing platforms and don't see them as a way to share the forum information .Would imagine the two main ones as being Facebook ,twitter and possibly Linkedin but that is also primarily a business platform .

Return to “Africa Wild Forum Information”