Linking Pilanesberg to Madikwe

Information & Discussions on Planesberg
Ginzy

Linking Pilanesberg to Madikwe

Post by Ginzy »

A few years ago plans were afoot to link the Pilanesberg and Madikwe game reserves - however amongst other issues, mining to the north of Pilanesberg may have gotten in the way 0=

Does anyone have any insight or information into whether this is a pie in the sky or if there is a genuine will for it?

https://www.pilanesbergnationalpark.org ... e-reserve/

Flutterby

Re: Linking Pilanesberg to Madikwe

Post by Flutterby »

Also heard about this a few years ago but who knows if it's going to happen. -O-

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

The last I heard about it was in 2014. With the situation in which Pilanesberg is finding itself at the moment (the province taking over), there are most likely more important things to resolve. https://www.africawild-forum.com/viewto ... =83&t=8414

It was an excellent idea, but you need the right people AND money to get a project like that up and running.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Ginzy

Post by Ginzy »

Lisbeth wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:43 pm The last I heard about it was in 2014. With the situation in which Pilanesberg is finding itself at the moment (the province taking over), there are most likely more important things to resolve. https://www.africawild-forum.com/viewto ... =83&t=8414

It was an excellent idea, but you need the right people AND money to get a project like that up and running.
Ah, Politicians O/ O/

I know that Madikwe was formed because being a game reserve was actually deemed the best economic use for it (so conservation wasn't the primary objective, but we'll take it...). I wonder if enough people put their heads together in a partnership if something could be solved for the land in between....assuming North West doesn't implode.... 0-

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Everything can be resolved if there are no personal interests involved and a certain level of IQ......That's why it always takes ages to resolve any question :O^

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge

Return to “Pilanesberg Game Reserve”