Pink in Pilanesberg

Amoli

Re: Pink in Pilanesberg

Post by Amoli »

Lis, here is a better picture of what I was referring to ....

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

Amoli wrote:At our brunch we had company - Red winged starling - waiting for food. It flew into the tree above us,
and luckily, it messed on PN and not into our food...

It did not mess on me.
If it did we would have had more meat on the skottel.

-O -O

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"
BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

When we left camp fo our late afternoon drive, the topic of the nights food preparation came up and we discovered a small glitch in the planning. The crazy elephant had turned pyromaniac the previous night and used all the charcoal to braai a few pieces of wors. :shock: So this meant we would have to get back to camp before the shops closed. :cry:

I can't recall that we saw anything serious out on the trip and spent some time watching a blue waxbill. PN got a few nice pictures of it and so we moved on.

Back in camp JN and PN jumped out of the car to go and get some raw materials to cremate the meat and some much needed ice. The temperature on Saturday was a rather toasty 30 degrees. Hunny got some sunburn and I think the aircon worked overtime. Made me think of one of the threads in another world where the members wondered about why people go to game reserves and then do something like closing all the windows and having the aircon going. Well, in answer of that question I have this to say. My water filled head works better at cooler temperatures than higher ones. Please note, I said better, I did not suggest it functions correctly, ever. :o0ps:

So back in camp and it was obviously a very thirsty day. PN did some damage to his beer stocks. Hunny hit the Cream Soda with vengance and I had visions of her doing another stunt like she did at the Green and Yellow meet. Thankfully there was no pool table around. \O The fire was lit and we sat around sharing war stories about what we had seen during the day.

Dinner was eventually prepared and I had plans for an early night, having jabbered with PN and JN the night before. I was looking forward to a shower and doing the egyptian PT thing just as soon as possible. Shortly after dinner, the automatic coffee maker started up. At this point I must say I highly recommend these things for every camping trip. Seriously handy to have the around. I added a dash of Amarula to it for a little bush flavour. A short while later coffee happened again. I think it was about now that they became that by now famous (and deadly) version of coffee now designated "Nogga".
The first one with some "Klippies" and the next one with the remnants of the "Black".

Chatter ensued until about midnight when falling off my chair meant I had had enough and was now in serious need of the horizontal position. Hunny took me think, I drunk I'm home and I promptly went directly to dreamland.

Amoli

Post by Amoli »

:o0ps: apologies.... the bird messed next to you?, no - in front of you?, no - behind you?, no -O -O -O

Let's settle : it messed!!! O**

Pretoriuskop
Satara
Shingwedzi
20-30 Dec 2014
BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

It sure did. It crapped on the table from a dizzy height. -O SPLAT! Beeg splash. I was only glad it hit the table and not the skottle I was battling with.

On the subject, I have seldom had problems with them before so when they malfunction as this one did, I have no idea of what to do. I mean some things in life have simple solutions. See Rhino poacher - shoot Rhino poacher. Have problem with skottle - burn hand (and then shoot friend because he's ROFLHAO) :oops:

Be careful not to shoot automated coffee maker though. It might malfunction and then I have a burned mouth as well as burned fingers...

When I hit the sheets that night (very hard I might add. It's a long way down from six foot and a bit.) little did any of us realise that the next day would yield a major sighting. But let's not get ahead of the game now. There are still some hours of sleep left before we head out on our next game drive.

Sweet dreams everyone.

BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

Flutterby wrote:Oh dear, Bunny...misbehaving again? Image
Most certainly not. I was behaving. It might have been very bad behaviour, but I was behaving. Unlike the silly tart about 40 camp sights away from us who was giggling like some giggling silly tart. The whole camp could hear her. If we had any spare dop, I would have taken her one of those lethal things PN mixed up and called an innocuous name like "nogga". That would have put her to sleep in about 5 minutes.

I made a startling discovery during our little "nogga session". That stuff is lethal. It has the capacity to dissolve bone. :shock:

BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

Flutterby wrote:I'm sure there was plenty of spare dop...you just didn't want to spare it!! -O

Well JN did have a bottle of Jack that we didn't get to, but that's not relevant. We ran out of the good stuff and took to utilising Amoli's bottle of Amarula which wasn't enough to go around. At the time that I decided to call it a night, I was keen on having nogga a "nogga". It's not only highly effective, it's addictive too.

Now if you don't mind, some of us are in dire need of sleep. Camp rules are that you stop making a noise several hours ago.

Hey, PN, how about nogga "Nogga" for the long road to the tent.

BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

Lis that bottle of black dates back some. (To about the previous evening.)

Actually, it dated back to another Pink gathering several months before... One of those that didn't have a TR attached because this is a family forum. //\0--

Next time we'll plan better and have a few extra bottles of Amarula, plus a bottle or two of Black. I must say, I liked the black version of Nogga a whole lot more than the ones that had stones in.

BunnyHugger

Post by BunnyHugger »

Lisbeth wrote:Stones?

Klipdrift = Klippies.

Klippies in Afrikaans are stones. I prefer scotch to Brandy.

Lisbeth wrote:
Leave the sweet liquors alone, they are deadly especially if mixed with others.

Yes, they usualy are. Some of them are ohhhh so nice though. Those Noggas certainly dissolved the bones in my legs though. I struggled to stand up straight on Sunday morning.

:o0ps:

Penga Ndlovu

Post by Penga Ndlovu »

In contrary to popular believe on this forum I am not at all the drinking man HB makes everybody to believe.
The problem is that he cannot hold his liquor down that well and he see everything triple. :twisted: :twisted:

3 Beers and 6 Noggas over a period of 2.5 days I hardly call "hitting the bottle".

-O -O -

But I must admit.
I had quite a few good laughs whenever I saw one of the others trying to stand up to go to fetch something or go to the loo.
Now going to the loo always was a nice sight to see.
From our table the loo was about 7 meters away from us and for two in our group it was about triple the distance.

-O -O

After a rather short night because of a certain member of our group, in the tent next to me, trying to cut down the whole Knysna forest in one night, I woke up around 5am with the sound of the birds and the promise of a beautiful sunny day.

After me Iloma and Ria woke up and by that time the designated coffeemaker really needed to get into gear as I was getting pretty grumpy when I do not get my coffee when I wake up.

DDDAAAARRREEENNN!!!!!!!!

CCCCOOOOFFFFEEEE!!!!!!

Grumble, grumble

Growl, growl

"Hey. Iloma. Do you think he lost his pants or is he still just boozed up?"

"No. I think he is just naturally grumpy in the morning."

"GET OUT OF THERE. WE NEED OUR COFFEE OR A BUCKET OF ICE IS GOING TO LAND IN THE TENT!!"

"Maybe he needs another Nogga?"

"Keep that stuff away from me or I will, by accident, get out of my tent stark naked."

"Please don't."

"Please do!!!!!"

"Longing for the bush is a luxury many have.
Living in the bush is a luxury that only a few have"

Return to “Travel Tales of Pilanesberg Game Reserve”