Moving from Nikon to Canon after 40 HAPPY years

Discuss & view pics of a general nature
Polentswa

Moving from Nikon to Canon after 40 HAPPY years

Post by Polentswa »

Yes Nikon have priced themselves out of the Market and I am planning to upgrade my kit prior to retirement but after doing the sums I can save more than R 200 K !!! ^Q^ ^Q^ by buying the equivalent and in some cases BETTER by changing to the White lens brigade

I just hope that the newly announced much vaunted Canon 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 is as sharp as my current Nikon 80-400 equivalent??
Last edited by Dewi on Sun May 24, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photo removed due to exceeding forum limit size. Please resize maximum 800 pixels along the longest side.

Mabuasehube and Caprivi are calling
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Moving from Nikon to Canon after 40 HAPPY years

Post by Mel »

Traitor!

=O: =O: =O:

Hope you're going to be satisfied with your new brand. \O

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
PJL

Post by PJL »

I've always been on the Canon side so can't really comment on comparisons but I hope you're very happy with your new kit \O \O

From what I've heard the new 100-400 is a very sharp lens with extremely fast autofocus. I think you'll be very happy with it :-0

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

Polentswa wrote:Yes Nikon have priced themselves out of the Market and I am planning to upgrade my kit prior to retirement but after doing the sums I can save more than R 200 K !!! ^Q^ ^Q^ by buying the equivalent and in some cases BETTER by changing to the White lens brigade

I just hope that the newly announced much vaunted Canon 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 is as sharp as my current Nikon 80-400 equivalent??
LETS KEEP IT REAL!!!! REGARDING PIC size ..This is AFRICA..lets keep Moderators local ..I had major problems with 'foreign Mods ' on SPF ..Not again please ..I size my pics at 1000 for other forums and do a special favour here by doing a 2nd copy at 900 about ..lets not be pedantic and MOVE on and join the program and the MODERN world of OTHER forums who PREFER 1000 Plus longest side on a Pic
Last edited by Polentswa on Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polentswa

Post by Polentswa »

PJL wrote:I've always been on the Canon side so can't really comment on comparisons but I hope you're very happy with your new kit \O \O

From what I've heard the new 100-400 is a very sharp lens with extremely fast autofocus. I think you'll be very happy with it :-0
Thanks PJL ..When I started with Nikon there was no Canon ..but they are leading the show at the moment especially on price

RobertT

Post by RobertT »

Polentswa wrote:
Polentswa wrote:Yes Nikon have priced themselves out of the Market and I am planning to upgrade my kit prior to retirement but after doing the sums I can save more than R 200 K !!! ^Q^ ^Q^ by buying the equivalent and in some cases BETTER by changing to the White lens brigade

LETS KEEP IT REAL!!!! REGARDING PIC size ..This is AFRICA..lets keep Moderators local ..I had major problems with 'foreign Mods ' on SPF ..Not again please ..I size my pics at 1000 for other forums and do a special favour here by doing a 2nd copy at 900 about ..lets not be pedantic and MOVE on and join the program and the MODERN world of OTHER forums who PREFER 1000 Plus longest side on a Pic
Actually Polentswa, I take exception to this post and your implications. There is nothing wrong with the moderators on here, they are following the rules of the forum as set out by and through the input of all participating, local, foreign and even alien. There are very few and very easy rules to follow. In the Modern world that you are referring to, there is no local or foreign, but just one big web.

Perhaps you should be looking in the mirror to see where the problem lies with all the forums moderators that you have an issue with. They cant all be problems surely. \O

PJL

Post by PJL »

RobertT wrote:
Polentswa wrote:

Actually Polentswa, I take exception to this post and your implications. There is nothing wrong with the moderators on here, they are following the rules of the forum as set out by and through the input of all participating, local, foreign and even alien. There are very few and very easy rules to follow. In the Modern world that you are referring to, there is no local or foreign, but just one big web.

Perhaps you should be looking in the mirror to see where the problem lies with all the forums moderators that you have an issue with. They cant all be problems surely. \O
I'm not entirely sure what the pic size has to do with a move from Nikon to Canon, but generally the phpBB software which is used on forums is an 'out-of-the-box' solution. Personally I have no issue re-sizing images as it forms part of my workflow anyway. Having said that there may be a setting in the phpBB software that allows it to auto-resize images which are larger than the user's screen size allows rather than overflowing the picture so it appears cut-off. It's certainly not anything to do with being 'modern' and it's perhaps a bit unnecessary to SHOUT about the issue - why don't we just drop the guys a friendly line to find out if there's something which can assist in a nice way?

Dewi

Post by Dewi »

Fair enough Polentswa,

I'll step down from the committee and you can pay towards the running costs of the forum instead of us "foreign" mods.

You can send your cheque to RP.

Dewi

What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on? (H D Thoreau)
Bushcraft

Post by Bushcraft »

RobertT wrote:
Polentswa wrote:

;-) Thanks RT and agreed \O Polentswa, that's rather unfair and uncalled for :-?

The pic size limitation, as explained elsewhere, is mainly due to numerous complaints from members that TT’s take forever to load with larger pics and slower internet connection (TT’s sometimes have 10 plus pics in a post) therefore they give up on it loading and move on. We can’t change this rule to suit someone who just posts 1 or 2 pics at a time.

The one thing about this forum is that we will try and accommodate everybody, so “we” are working on a solution which will hopefully suit both parties and if it doesn’t work out at least we tried ;-)

Toko

Post by Toko »

Check here!

I don't think that foreign or SA mods have a proper personal interest in max. sizes of photos here, as far as I know, all mods have fast connections and no problems with loading pages, the issue came from other members complaining that pages don't load, hence we did a poll to ask all members to vote for a "rule" in this regard.

What's the issue here, Polentswa? -O-

Return to “General Photography Discussion Forum”