To camp or not to camp

Information & Discussions on Camping
Peter Betts

Re: To camp or not to camp

Post by Peter Betts »

okie wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:28 pm Of course yes \O That's what I've been talking about earlier , including the cost , so IMO , camping is not necessarily worth it as a saving , and in any event , one can also get bungalows/ accommodation that can probably give you the same type of ambience as camping .
so , basically , it come down to one's own taste and preferences lol
Neither option is necessarily cheaper , or better than the other ...........
Nothing is for nothing , and you pay for what you get ;-)
We paid Pula 100 or R140 per night (2 people) for TOTAL exclusivity at this site ..No neighbours and a completely empty Rooiputs on 3 nights ...Mala Mala at US $ 3000 per person per night...VERY old rates (Chalets next to each other ONLY option) cant offer that(R 90 000 per night for Jane and I including NOISY Aircon and 40 other people at Supper and a packed safari Vehicle !!!)..Places like Rooiputs = BEST ambience and BEST value at 35% 0f Kruger rates even at Kruger's Pensioners 40% discount
Rooiputs Braai.jpg
..My Camp Trailer cost R 100 K plus a Freezer /Battery and Solar Panels = a Full total of R125K and you will recoup this in a few trips to Kruger or 1.2 nights at Mala Mala. NO Kruger or Kgalagadi SANParks Bungalows come Close to the ambiance here ..The SANParks bush camps like Sirheni and Grootkolk at R 1800 plus for 2 per night (Recoup my Trailer costs in 62 nights..I achieved half this over the last 3 years with 35 nights in total at Rooiputs ) try hard but fail hoplessly to get to this level of Wilderness experience/Ambiance

okie

Post by okie »

Hmmm... ...or you can also spend 3 weeks in utter luxury in the Penthouse suite of The Bay Hotel ) 5 star ) , here in Cape Town O**

Enough is enough
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

okie wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:36 pm Hmmm... ...or you can also spend 3 weeks in utter luxury in the Penthouse suite of The Bay Hotel ) 5 star ) , here in Cape Town O**
...For R 140 a day for Jane and me I'm in

okie

Post by okie »

Of course not - you know that =O: . You are talking about luxury camps , and I am talking about how long you can stay in a luxury hotel for R125 k. =O:

Enough is enough

Return to “Camping”