Kgalagadi Leopard Discussions

Discussions on KTP of a General Nature
Mel
Global Moderator

Re: Kgalagadi Leopard Discussions

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:36 pm TSAMMA 10/15 5PM ; under tree @ Dertiende
I just checked what we were doing that night, because we missed seeing her.

While doing so, I figured out that this was the day when we both had seen Botshelo in the morning
and the bachelor party of young lions had hogged 13th. We were there that night, and so were they still.

So my question: Was Tsamma indeed there with the lions around too? Or did you maybe mix up the
dates of the sighting by any chance? :-?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Mel wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:30 pm
ExFmem wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:43 pm Here are the "Mission Impossible" pics 0*\

10/8 11:56AM ; lying on "dune" in front of rocky ridge, then moved to shadier spot in ridge
Could you give me an approximate location, please? Makes the searching progress easier :-0
Oops - in the Monro/Houmoed area \O

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

Mel wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:38 pm
ExFmem wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:36 pm TSAMMA 10/15 5PM ; under tree @ Dertiende
I just checked what we were doing that night, because we missed seeing her.

While doing so, I figured out that this was the day when we both had seen Botshelo in the morning
and the bachelor party of young lions had hogged 13th. We were there that night, and so were they still.

So my question: Was Tsamma indeed there with the lions around too? Or did you maybe mix up the
dates of the sighting by any chance? :-?
It was definitely 10/15, and there's a little back story also - that morning I took this pic of the lions.
lion1.jpg
lion1.jpg (248.49 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Suddenly one of them (in the morning) stood up and started "stalking" something under the tree, but we couldn't see anything there.
lion2.jpg
lion2.jpg (245.44 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

As it got closer, it stopped dead in its tracks and just sat down. We couldn't figure out what the abrupt halt was, but took note of it.

On that evening's drive we took the leopard pic under the same tree, and wondered if perhaps that is what the lion had suddenly seen. -O- -O-

Finally, the lions were definitely there in the afternoon, as this is the last pic I snapped as we headed back at "gate" closing time. \O
lion3.jpg
lion3.jpg (282.81 KiB) Viewed 1023 times

Richprins
Committee Member

Post by Richprins »

:-0 Ex!

X#X

Please check Needs Attention pre-booking: https://africawild-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=322&t=596
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

ExFmem wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:43 pm Here are the "Mission Impossible" pics 0*\

10/8 11:56AM ; lying on "dune" in front of rocky ridge, then moved to shadier spot in ridge
Luckily, leopards are more conclusive than cheetahs O** This is Botshelo.

Incredible what distance he covers, considering he's a male leopard and should have established a fixed territory by now.
(Probably all of the Auob riverbed between Houmoed and 14th =O: )

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I'll never die.
ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

O0 I would not have even thought of him. :ty:

Klipspringer
Global Moderator

Post by Klipspringer »

ExFmem

Post by ExFmem »

ID please - KTP Oct. 1 2021 Vertiende water hole

I'm so out of touch with "recent" leopards, I have no idea where to begin with recent sightings. :ty:

Lisbeth
Site Admin

Post by Lisbeth »

Wow, what a sighting O\/ O\/

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
The desire for equality must never exceed the demands of knowledge
Mel
Global Moderator

Post by Mel »

Ex 0/*

You got yourself Tsamma and her boy Thabiso there. Mum is the front one in the first photo. :-)

Return to “KTP Information and General Discussion Forum”